He leaped onto the next vehicle, shredding the roof with Original strength. There were four heartbeats inside going ballistic. What tasty treats they would make! He was ready to reach inside when the whiff of a familiar scent stopped him in his tracks.

Bonnie?

No. Not Bonnie. But a friend of Bonnie? Someone who could bring her to him. He vaguely remembered a plan.

Capture her. Claim her. Mate her.

Klaus shook his head. Had to clear it. Had to think. Had to claim her. That was when he saw the pick-up. It had stopped at the other end of the bridge, the driver staring his way. With his keen sight he could see blue eyes startled by his presence. Hear a heartbeat jump into overdrive. Suddenly the truck began to reverse. But the hybrid couldn't have that.

He vamped over in half a second. Matt Donavon's heart was racing as Klaus drove his fist through the driverside glass to grasp him by the collar of his varsity letter jacket.

"Hello Matt, might we a bit of a chat?"

Their eyes locked in compulsion and Matt could not refuse.

——————
He sat in silence, his task completed. Nothing ran through his mind except to obey Klaus's command. Call Bonnie. Tell her to come to their location—that it was urgent! So Matt had done so. Now he sat and watched as the bloody hybrid cleaned himself in the kitchen sink.

"Your relationship with Bonnie," Klaus asked as he discarded his own shirt.

"Tell me about it. What is she to you?"

"She's my friend. We've known each other since we were kids."

A part of him wondered why he was answering these questions but Matt couldn't quite think it through. He just knew that he was to obey Klaus.

"Since you were children? Were you ever romantic?"

With Bonnie?

"No, she's always been my friend."

Though he had to admit she was pretty. He'd be lying if he said he'd never had any thoughts about her in the past but that just wasn't the nature of their friendship.

"And who is she romantic with?"

Matt shook his head.

"You mean like a boyfriend? Bonnie's been single all semester. The last guy she dated was some Luca guy. A witch like her."

Matt hadn't dug too deep into it. He preferred to stay out of supernatural matters. His life was hard enough.

"Ahh yes, Greta's brother. I believe they sought to kill me," Klaus chuckled.

"Whatever happened to him? I should pay him a visit."

The smile on his lips said it would be anything bit cordial.

"He's dead. Something to do with helping Elijah."

Klaus's smile relaxed.

"And what of the wolf? What's his relationship to Bonnie?"