Ch. 09 - The Beginning of the Smash Tournament

Everyone gathered around in the auditorium of the Smash Mansion and took their seats. The only ones not in the audience were the newest members of Smash, most of the staff, and whatever non-fighters didn't want to attend, such as smaller children. All of the fighters were present, as required by Master Hand, and sat in the audience by height, that way everyone could see. It wasn't silent, there was a low hum of chit chat all amongst one another as the fighters were curiously talking about who the new fighters may be. Not everyone had seen or met you and Chrono, and not everyone had seen the other newcomers either. When Master Hand arrived on stage with Crazy Hand, the low whispers became applauds, and soon, silence.

"Welcome everyone, to Super Smash Brothers Tournament SIX!" Master Hand begun, "It has been my honor to have you all, and more, here for six years of battles, six years of union, and six years of FUN!"

Everyone cheered, applauding Master Hand. When it died down, he continued.

"Just like every year, new contestants have joined the Frey. This year is no different. So who's ready to meet our NEW CONTESTANTS?"

The crowd cheered again, clapping their hands even louder than before. Master Hand chuckled as he began to announce the new fighters one by one.

First was a short old-looking man who wore a lab coat and spiral glasses. He had little hair, and the small amount he did have was whispt up in the shape a candle's flame. He had some devices with him, as Master Hand introduced him, "Inventor of the F.L.U.D.D. and the Poltergust 3000, Professor E. Gadd!" Most of the people from Mushroom Kingdom were cheering, but Luigi? Not so much.

Next was a hot-pink dinosaur-looking animal with a giant gaping mouth. She had diamond rings on her fingers, purple eye shadow on her lids, and a big beautiful bow. "Mario thought he was dreaming when this beauty appeared before him," Master Hand announced comedically, causing Mario to get a glare from Peach, "Birdo has joined the Roster!"

"Birdo~" Birdo said as she gracefully walked the stage. Her ring sparkling in the light as she stood by E. Gadd's side.

"Up next, our greatest champion, MARIO! But this time....." Master Hand's voice became very serious. "...Paper."

Paper Mario came out onto the stage, waving a hand and heading to his place on the stage.

"Next we have the Princess of Link's world..." Master Hand begun, causing Zelda and Link to both raise eyebrows. Zelda wasn't a new member of Smash- but then, Aloise rushed over to Master Hand and whispered something to him, before hurrying back. Master Hand seemed embarrassed as he said, " I mean ... the Princess of TOON Link's world, TOON ZELDA!"

The Toon Princess strutted out onto the stage, waving at all of the people. Lots of people were cheering for her, including the Toon and Young Links. Master Hand then said, " And with light comes dark.... TOON Ganondorf Joins Smash!" The cheering died down significantly as Toon Ganondorf arrived on stage. The two of them would then stand beside Birdo, E.Gadd, and Paper Mario.

Master Hand looked at his papers and soon sighed... more Fire Emblem warriors...

"Our first new Medieval time warrior is from the Dark Kingdom of Nohr... Second youngest Nohrian Child, Prince Leo!"

Corrine and Corrin both let out the loudest cheers among the Fire Emblem cast. The others cheered as well, having remembered the other journeys that brought them all together. In fact, everyone was cheering for Leo, simply because he wasn't just another swordfighter. He used a tome like the Robins. He appeared on foot for now, but there were some noises coming from the Smash Stables earlier... was he even more unique than everyone thought?

"Next is a person summoned to help aid the Kingdom of Askr in many of their kingdom's wars... Summoner Kiran!" An androgynous looking person walked out in a beige and gold cloak, carrying what appeared to be a gun of some sort. Beside him was a Dark Princess in black and red, with ash hair and red eyes. Master Hand quickly read his notes, before rushing to add, "accompanying them is Veronica: Princess of Embla, much like how Alf accompanies Olimar."