VASECTOMY

Liam told me he wanted to have dinner tonight

Liam told me he wanted to have dinner tonight. He wanted to talk about my upcoming doctor's appointment. I wasn't expecting him to be home, but he said he had cleared his schedule. He told me we hadn't had much time together, and he wanted to make up for it. It would be a good time to catch him up on my next project, and hear him congratulate me on my collaboration with Laura. I was excited to go home, and talk about things. All we did was avoid talking for the past few days. I was avoiding him, and I knew he was avoiding me too. I had so much I wanted to say, but I had to figure out how I wanted to say it before I did. I unlocked the front door, and stepped inside.

"Liam, I'm home." I said pulling my coat off. I was about to go into the kitchen, but I froze when I saw Arik and Liam sitting in the living room. A thousand questions were swarming around in my head. Why was Arik here? Did Arik tell him something? What did he tell him? Did he do this because he was angry? I didn't know what to think, but I tried to act normal.

"Hey, I thought we were having dinner tonight?"

He smiled, "we are. I invited Arik, I hope you don't mind."

"No, I don't mind at all." On the outside I was calm, but on the inside I was freaking out. Them being in the same room never bothered me before, but this time was different. "What's for dinner? I'm starving," I said, turning to walk to the kitchen.

"Before we eat, there's something I want to talk to you two about. Daniela, I'll start with you. When were you going to tell me, you were fucking my brother?"

My blood ran cold, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Was I imagining he said that or did he really say that? "What are you talking about?" I whispered.

He chuckled, "don't play stupid. I saw you on Christmas. You thought I was asleep, but I wasn't. You snuck out like a little mouse, and I followed you. I followed you right to my brother's house, and I watched you."

What did he mean by he watched me? I clutched my stomach hoping it would be enough to keep the vomit down. I looked at Arik, and he gave me the this is a shock to me too look.

Daniela, I want your next words to be the truth. I'm tired of these games. You made your bed now you have to lay in it. Why are you fucking my brother?"

I couldn't find the words to say. Tears were on the verge of seeping down my cheeks. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "I didn't want it to be like this. It just happened."

He stepped closer, his voice lower, more animalistic, "it just happened. It was a mistake. That's bullshit and you know."

I took a step back, "it's the truth."

"No, the truth is you just wanted to be a fucking slut. I watched the way you willingly gave yourself to him. Is that what you enjoy? Being treated like a fucking whore? Tell me the truth."

I hesitated, and he screamed. "TELL ME THE TRUTH!"

"Stop it," Arik said, standing up.

I was shocked he said anything. I didn't like the way Liam was talking to me, but it was my battle to fight not his. "Arik, I can handle it."