TWIN MAGIC

LIAM

LIAM

Daniela made it to Paris, but I hadn't heard from her. I wanted to call, but I didn't want to bother her. I knew her time out there was limited, I would talk to her when she got home. It still bothered me that I wasn't able to go, and that made me think about what Arik said. Should I start looking into divorce? When we had dinner on the roof, I could tell she was still upset. If there was a disconnect in our marriage I wanted to fix it, but she had to be willing too. I was torn between was she still fading away, or was she trying to? I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes thinking about when we first met.

I was on my lunch break, and decided to have lunch at the restaurant across the street from my office. I was looking over the menu when I heard someone shout my name.

"Oh my God, Liam. Is that you?"

Daniela was walking towards me. She was still as beautiful as I remembered. Except her hair was longer, and she had more curves. I stood up and she hugged me. "Wow, what are you doing here?"

"I work here," she smiled. "I'll be your waitress."

I was confused, why was she working here? "What happened to the NFL?"

She rolled her eyes, "yeah, didn't work out. They wanted women who had bigger tits." She laughed a little, but I knew it hurt her.

"I'm sorry to hear that."

She waived her hand, "don't be."

"Well, did you graduate? Is there anything else you want to do besides work here?" I asked looking around the crowded restaurant.

"I don't want to work here," she said playfully hitting my arm. "I'm working here to save up enough money to start my own clothing line. I'm staying with Carly while I get it together. What about you? I heard you were representing Fin Harrison. They said he was guilty for killing his girlfriend, right?"

"Yeah, but I can't talk about the case."

"I understand. Oh, I'm sorry. You're on lunch and I'm wasting your time. What can I get you to drink?"

She pulled a notepad out her back pocket, "water. I'm ready to order."

"Okay, what will you be having?"

"What would you recommend?"

She laughed, and it took my breath away. She was perfect in every way. "I thought you said you knew what you wanted to order? Never mind, I'll recommend the California club sandwich with a side of fries. We don't want you to get your expensive suit dirty, right?"

"Right," I said staring in her eyes. She told me she would be right back, and walked away.

I had my eyes on her for a while, but I knew she would never go for me. When were in college she had her eyes on Arik. She was a cheerleader on the football team, and Arik was the quarterback. I would watch her point to him and giggle with her friends. She would stare at him from across the field, but never noticed me. So, I asked Arik to pretend to be me, and he agreed. He didn't care for her, but I thought she was made for me.