Chapter 36

Fergus' POV

River and I are walking towards one of his brothers' house, because Henrik isn't picking up his phone, and we want to tell him that we will have a family night.

To be honest, I have no idea how I feel about being around all of River's family at once.

Because I already know that there's about a thousand of people in his family.

Well, maybe not a thousand, but I guess that it's close to a hundred.

The only good thing is that Denver already assured us that he will make sure that Parker will be closely watched by someone.

He wasn't means to be there, but Carter and a few other family members made Denver do the voting about this, and they somehow managed to get what they wanted.

I'm sure that he's not happy about that, but I guess that he will have to deal with it.

When we reach Henrik's house, I can see that the lights are on, so I'm sure that he and his family are here.

River knocks on the door, and it opens only a few seconds later.

Henrik frowns when he sees us, but he steps aside to let us come inside, and then he leads us towards his living room.

"Why are you here?" Henrik asks us curiously.

"Dad tried to call you, but you didn't answer, so he asked us to come here to tell you that we will be having a family night at Carter, Timmy and Mason's house." River tells him, and Henrik frowns slightly.

He takes his phone out, and he does something on it, before he looks at us again.

"Dad didn't text me." He says, and he shows us his phone.

"Well, maybe he accidentally texted someone else." I say and they seem to accept that.

River and I decide to leave Henrik's house, so he can get ready to leave, and we go straight to their grandparent' house.

We're a lot earlier than we should be, but Carter smiles when he sees us, so I gusee that it's alright.

We walk inside, and we talk with some of River's cousins who are living here with their grandparents.

I wonder why they aren't living with their parents, but I decide to not ask River about it in front of them.

About an hour later, everyone starts to come here, and soon the living room is full of people.

The adults sit on the couches, while the youngest kids are forced to sit on the blankets which are laying on the floor, because there's not enough place for them.

From what I was told, usually they stay in he back yard when they have a family night, but it's still a bit too cold for that, so I guess that we will have to stay here.

A while later, I can see that Parker comes here, and there are two people next to him, one on each side.

He's eyes quickly find me, and he rolls his eyes, before he sits on one of the couches.

I decide to just ignore him, because I know that if I will look at him for longer than necessary, then it will annoy him.