Chapter 8

River's POV

I have been here for a few days now, and I already want to see my mate again, but I know that there are a few guards standing near my parents house, and they're there to make sure that I won't run away.

Denver, who's the Alpha of this pack, made sure that I will stay here weather I want to stay or not.

And I'm sure that the fact that papa is one of his favourite people from our family is making it even more difficult for me.

I mostly stay in my room, because I definitely don't want to talk with my parents right now.

I didn't even allow any of my brothers to come here, and I doubt that I will.

Currently I'm looking out of the window, and I look at the trees, wondering if I will ever see my mate again.

But I'm almost sure that I will start to feel the effects of not being close to my mate soon.

And that will most likely force everyone to let me go back to Fergus, or at least I hope that it will happen.

Just as I think about feeling sick, I feel the need to vomit, so I quickly run toward the toilet, and I throw up.

Not much later, I can hear that the door to my bedroom opens, and I can hear that papa's standing near the doorway of the bathroom.

When I start to feel bit better, I stand up, and I go back to the bedroom.

I have to push past papa and dad, who are looking at me worriedly, but I don't pay any attention to them, before I sit next to the window again.

"You have to go to the doctor." Papa says, and I look at him with an unimpressed expression.

"He will tell you that it's the effect of being separated from my mate for too long." I tell him, and he rolls his eyes.

"We will see." He tell me, and then he drags me toward the pack hospital.

I'm not sure if the doctor will be able to tell why I'm sick, but I hope that he will know what's wrong with me, and that he will convince everyone that I'm telling the truth.

I sit on the hospital bed, and I let the doctor do all the examinations that he wants to do.

It takes a few very long hours, before the doctor finally tells me that there's noting wrong with me at all, and that I should start to feel better soon.

He asked me a few questions before he started the examinations, and I quickly told him why I was sick.

He seemed to consider that, but now I can see that he decided against telling me that I might be right.

I wonder if papa had something to do with that, but when I go out of the hospital room, I can see Denver, and I quickly glare at him, choosing him as the reason of my problems.