Chapter 26

River's POV

I wake up when I feel that I will throw up, and I quicky go towards the bathroom.

I stay there for about half an hour, and I'm surprised that I didn't wake anyone up, but when I walk back to the bedroom, I realise that it's a lot later then I thought.

Which means that my parents are already gone, and Fergus is a human, so I guess that I didn't make enough noise to wake him up.

I shake him a bit, and he opens his eyes, before he smiles at me.

"It's too early. Let's sleep for a while longer." He tells me, and then he makes me sit on he bed beside him.

I groan when I start to feel sick again, but I already know that I won't be able to throw up anymore, so I guess that I can stay here.

"What's wrong?" Fergus asks me when he sees that I have a disgusted expression on my face.

"I was sick, so I guess that I should go got he pack hospital to see if I'm alright." I say, and he nods slightly, before he sits up and he starts to dress in some casual clothes.

I guess that I should dress too, because I don't want to go outside just in the shorts, especially not in this weather.

When we're ready to go, we quietly walk towards the pack house, and we're greeted by the doctor right when we enter the pack hospital.

"What's going on with you this time?" He asks us with a small smile.

"I think that I might be pregnant." I say, and he nods, before he gestures for us to follow him.

He leads us inside of one of the rooms, and then he brings the ultrasound machine towards us, before he tells me to lay on the bed.

I take my shirt of, and I do as he told me, before I look at my stomach while he pours some cold gel on my skin.

I guess that I would have shivered if it wasn't freezing outside, so I'm glad that I had to go through the pack lands in this weathers.

The doctor smiles a while later, so I smile too, already knowing what he's going to tell us.

Fergus looks at the screen with a frown on his face, and he looks like he's trying of figure out what's going on.

"You will have a kid, congratulations." Doctor Chris says, and Fergus frowns even more.

"And you know that from looking at this thing." Fergus says with an arched eyebrow, and he points at the ultrasound machine.

"Yeah." The doctor says. "If you will look here, then you will see your kid." He tells Fergus and then he turns the screen a bit, so I can see it too, before he points at a small dot, which is in the middle of the screen.

"It seems that you were pregnant for about a few weeks already, so you will most likely meet you kid in about three months.

Although all the male pregnancies are different, so it might take a bit longer or shorter." The doctor tells me, and I nod, before I stand up.

I clean my stomach, and I put my shirt on, while the doctor goes out of the room.

He comes back with the ultrasound pictures, and I take them gladly, before I lead Fergus back to the house.