Chapter 17

Fergus' POV

"Well, I don't think that he likes it at all, but he made some wrong decisions in the past few years, so I guess that he doesn't want to have this much responsibility anymore.

And since Tyson is refusing to take the Alpha position, that means that he will have to be the Alpha for another few years." River tells me, so I nod in acknowledgement.

"Where are we going?" I ask him a while later, when I realise that we're walking in the direction of the pack house.

"We have to see Denver, and we have to find him quickly, because he has to go to another pack for a meeting, and we have to make sure that you will become the pack member today, since he won't be back for about a week.

And the new rules will start before he will be back, so if we won't see him now, then you will have to have the voting." River explains, and I nod in acknowledgement.

Thankfully Denver only asks me a few questions, and then he makes me sign a few documents, before he let's us go.

"Shouldn't you be going to the school with the rest of the pack?" I ask River after I greet one of my friends.

"I would like to go there, but I'm an Omega, so I can't leave the pack lands." He says, and then he frowns.

"Well, I would have been able to leave if you were a werewolf, although you would have completed the basic training.

But since you're not a werewolf, then I have no idea what will happen with that now.

I guess that I will have to see how this whole voting will work and then I will see if maybe it will be able to help me." River say with a shrug, but surprisingly he doesn't seem very annoyed at that.

"It seems that I found someone who can tell us more about the voting." River says, and them he points at Carter who's talking with one of the guards.

"Let's ask him then." I say, and he nods, so we wait for a while to let Carter finish his conversation, before we go towards him.

"Can you tell us how the voting will work?" River asks Carter before he can even greet us, which makes Carter chuckle.

"Sure." He responds, and then he leads us to one of the rooms in the pack house.

It seems that it's an office or something, because there are desks with a lot of papers on them in this room.

Carter leads us to the couch, and he start to explain how all of this voting will work.

It turns out that Denver's voice will remain the most important, and it will be hard to outnumber his vote, because more then half of the people will have to vote against it.

The people who will be able to vote are all from Denver's family, but only the ones who are more involves in the pack's politics.

This will be Denver, his mate and all four of his kids, along with Carter and both of his mates.

Also a few of Denver's brothers, some of his brothers' mates, which includes Edward, who's the tracker, and later on Denver most likely will add a few of his nephews.