Chapter 48 - Always yours

Start from the beginning

She had really gone nuts .

"We'll see about that , I'll make you pay for everything you did . " I spat on her face, I actually did.

She scoffed ." Then the least I could do for you is expose the rest of his secret ".

"Stop blabbing rubbish !"  Cisco retorted . He was visibly angry now. "Whatever you thought we had is already over . Get that into your head ".

She was quiet for a while and all of a sudden ,she stared laughing hysterically again. "So you don't want her to know , huh?"

I rolled my eyes,this was another attempt to piss me off .

" You're not going to tell her how you slept with her PA?..umm,what was her name again?" She did as if she was trying to recall. " Oh yes, Rachel !"

The room fell silent. I did not look at Cisco ,maybe because I did not want to read his expression. He should be denying it or shouting at her instead the only thing I heard was a sigh coming from him.

" Sally ,if you're done ,can we leave . Because its obvious that pamela here has completely lost her mind ". He said pinching the space between his brows.

I walked up to her and grabbed her chin ." I hope you'll enjoy spending the rest of your miserable life in this shit hole". I literally spat on her face .

    She shamelessly licked it.

Gross!! She licked and swallowed the saliva . She had really gone mad because no sane human would do that.

    We left the building in silence and got into our car in silence. I was expecting him to at least explain that thing about Rachel although I didn't believe Pamela but I still wanted to here it from him  .

   He remained silent and started the engine. The car roared to life and just as I thought he was about to drive off,he turned off the ignition.

  I have him a questioning gaze .

He stared at me for a while ,the expression in his face unreadable.

He sighed and looked away . " Nothing happened between me and Rachel ". He said out of the blue.

   I silently sighed in relief. Off course I knew nothing happened,he only bribed her . That was all so I did not understand why I was feeling this way.

He continued." I only gave her cash,that's all. Nothing more, nothing less".

I nodded my head still avoiding his eyes. The atmosphere was tensed and awkward.

"Look at me " he said . I stubbornly refused to obey.

He gently held my cheeks and made me face him eye to eye." I swear on my parents grave that I did not cheat ".

I gave him a half smile. " Yeah ,but you did with Pamela". I did not know why I said that. I just couldn't control that jealousy and rage inside me . Pamela had said they had slept together even before their marriage which only meant that he hadn't been faithful from the start.

"I....I....that was ..."  I removed his hand from my face and grabbed my hand bag.

Off course he wouldn't have a come back.

"You know what ?, maybe I should call an Uber . I'll meet you at home ". And then i got out of the car .

   I didn't know what was wrong with me . It wasn't like i wasn't aware that he cheated. It had been months since he married Pamela, almost a year even. I thought that I had gotten over it ,even after he apologized. I had forgiven him ,I told myself that i would let go and start over .