Chapter 22- War at home III

Sally

        I watched as my children fell asleep.  It took a while before they finally slept off after the police left. I could sense that they were finally at peace ,the relieved expression on their faces told me that they were more than happy to have Pamela gone for good .
      I was really surprised ....rather overjoyed at what Iris told me before going to bed. Pamela was probably planning to hid it from all of us.
    Iris told me she had burnt her skin with the iron. At first I didn't believe it but Nora and Mia both confirmed it.

      I had a triumphant smile on my face,knowing that my kids were able to defend themselves made me happy. At least Pamela would be groaning in pain behind bars.
   I just hoped the burn was big enough to leave a scar just like the little scars she left on my kids skins.

     Just as I finished tucking them in bed Cisco walked Into the room with a cup in his hand. I could see the steam coming out of the cup so I assumed it was a cup of hot coffee or tea.
         It was then I realized how dried my throat was,even my tongue felt dried.

      He handed me the cup ,I took it without looking at him.

I was still angry at him.

It wasn't his fault anyway since he didn't find out about what Pamela did before he saw us fighting.
    He might even think we were fighting for some absurd reason......... probably because we were jealousy or maybe all those wifey stuff.
     Still ,seeing him take sides with her immediately without asking  to know what happened first made me realize something.

       Cisco might .......he might just...... ugrhh...I didn't want to think about it . My chest was beginning to feel heavy again.

      I was just tired,tired of everything....I was exhausted, mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted.I just wanted to soak in warm water and probably fall asleep in the water.
      I sighed and got up from the bed ,I was going to the bathroom to soak in warm water.

    "Sally! " He called , stopping me in my track. I waited for a few seconds and continued moving. I was not ready to talk to him now or I would just pour out everything and end up crying.

"Sally please....why are you even mad at me?"

"Ohh .....why am I mad at you ? ". I snapped. "You wanna know why ? ....here's why! . I just realized that she is more important than me and your children and that there's nothing left between us ,you just showed me that all those dates and lovey dovey stuff didn't come from ..you !!! "  I blurted out angrily,hot tears ran down my cheeks . I had tired so hard to prevent them from falling but I just couldn't anymore. I felt like I was being used ,he was playing with my feelings and I let him.

" I care about you Sally ......I never pretended about anything ".

I laughed . " Your actions said otherwise ".

" I didn't know that she had hurt them ....I thought you two got into a fight that's why I was shocked when I saw her bleeding ".

" And you ran to her immediately? ".