Chapter 6 - Unexpected Delay

As the boat finally stopped at the dock, the other maidens of the water who were anticipating their arrival helped in assisting the royals off the boat. Everyone was once again enchanted by the women of the water, even though they had their face covered; Their beautiful bodies of pear, apple, hourglass and square sparked appeal in the male royalty and a fraction of the female royals, except for the teared prince since he was well...gay.

Quite a crowd circulated around the dock and a handful of guards with long coats of Castleton green stood strong with weapons of their advantage. The princess of Guapa throbbed when she saw how muscular these men were and Killer was extremely intimidated by them... He'd hate to admit it, but he was plagued with inappropriate thoughts which caused Night to get a little bit "envious".

Many of the parents within the crowd covered their children's eyes when they saw that the majority of the foreign royals weren't wearing any coverage... They didn't want their children to be influenced by such shameless people! The guards upon realizing the situation, immediately assured the crowd far from the place they were in as to not let the children see the sight and also to clear the path for the many royals. It was really chaotic within the crowd, and it caused bitter unwelcoming gazes from the majority of the townsfolk. Everyone could feel it and it was really turning up their stomach...

The princess of Guapa stood confidently in front of the line as everyone made sure they were ready to walk towards the castle. Night stood close to Killer for comfort while his brother walked happily towards the front, unfazed by the whole thing. Everyone anticipated for the next announcement as the yellow one stood in front with an excited smile on his face. He coughed up to clear his throat before his great announcement and everyone stared at him.

"Okay everyone! You may freely explore the kingdom if you wish, but please I beg of you to take a guard. The maids & servants are still busy with the preparations so, we cannot entertain you at the queen's palace at the moment. The queen apologizes if we accidentally offend you." Exclaimed the one in yellow. Killer was excited by this statement; he was eager to explore this wonderful country he had oh so dreamt of as a mere child! He turned to his side and saw Night standing there, staring at his brother doing all the talking. He anxiously tapped him on the arm a little and Night turned to him.

"Excuse me Night... Are you perhaps a guard?" He asked and Night almost laughed at that. He was in fact...not a guard. He was ANYTHING but a guard so to speak, but Killer's question did make him perk up. What was his intentions for asking him? More importantly...what would happen if he were to say "yes"? "Yes, why do you ask?" He answered, every word of his sentence untrue. He anticipated for the outcome, and he wasn't disappointed. "That's good!" Killer responded gleefully before grabbing his hand. Night slightly blushed at this but a smile immediately followed. "May we explore?" Killer asked, asking for consent and Night nodded. The prince of Stilletona happily took off with him and left the line. Nightmare was a bit startled by this but nonetheless, appreciated his eagerness for the kingdom.

As the yellow one continued to disclose the necessary information, he stopped midway when he saw his brother and someone just running away together in broad daylight. Did his brother already have an interest or was he forced? That questioned echoed in his mind, but... those positive feelings emitting from the both of them was enough to bring relief to the skeleton. It was probably the former thought...

He turned his gaze back on the queue and he could see someone raising their hand at the very back. The yellow one smiled at this and spoke up. "What is your question prince of Siyent?" He asked sweetly and the prince paused before asking, "I don't mean to intrude but...what if some of us don't want to explore at all?". The golden one gulped; he honestly wasn't expecting this. "Well... you can uhm... Anyone can come to the palace, but it won't be as extravagant when everyone's ready..." The golden replied, no one dared to speak no longer, and the atmosphere was stuck in silence. The golden froze at this... it was the first impression, and he could already feel the hate from their eyes well... except for a few. Particularly, the one in monochrome. 

It was getting clear that he was panicking inside... He wasn't usually this nervous when speaking in public but... the haunting glares that stared him down made him sick to his stomach. The tension was uneasy, and he felt that his surroundings were getting a little out of hand. Many thoughts engulfed in his mind, and it was really getting hard to breathe...

"Excuse me... are you alright?" A brave person asked and the golden looked up, he could finally realize that he was held up by someone that took notice of his behavior. He recognized his outfit belonging that of Crucifijo's fashion, and he awkwardly tried to shake things off.  "N-no I'm fine..." He stammered before looking around, he could see that the neat line disbanded and some were roaming the streets with guards they've gotten from the sidelines. He stopped when he realized this... this was the very proof that he was not worthy for the crown...

The monochrome prince across him sighed as he looked at the erratic body language the Smaller's body was saying. It seemed that the golden was very troubled... "Are you sure you're alright? You looked like that you were about to pass out." prince Cross pointed out, very concerned for the golden skeleton's wellbeing. The smaller jolted when he heard that, "faint"? Suddenly a guard rushed towards the golden one, very concerned for his condition. Cross stared at the man but was almost offended by the time it took for them to reach someone who was about to pass out. Nonetheless, he listened to their conversation. 

"Dream... Are you sure you can handle this all by yourself? You know you can order me to call for your brother." The guard said, bowing his very head low. Touching the very stone path. Cross only observed this, he was extremely confused. "The guard was much lower than the tour guide?" he pondered. Dream assured him it was fine, and Cross spoke up, "Let me help, I'm good at keeping order.". Dream looked at him before chuckling, kind of taken aback by the prince's eagerness. "There's no need-" Dream was about to reply when Cross turned around and already started talking.

"Everyone please, line up. Listen to the Vesperitan dude, so we can arrive at the palace sooner." He said aloud and the remaining royals, recognizing his identity, came to a line. Dream watched this unfold and the guard that stood beside him left to his station. Cross turned back at the smaller fellow before smiling, it was not seen behind the mask, but Dream could tell there was a precious smile in there. "Thank you, prince Cross..." He said and the other in return bowed before walking back to the line he had formed.

Dream took a deep breath and a new plan emerged from the back of his mind; he was willing to execute it now. Now he planned to stall them to feed into the delay. They were exploring whether they liked it or not, just as mother said.