Chapter 2 - Learning Customs

Bird sat on a bed in his own personal room, gawking at the neatly organized room. He was quite impressed, his eyes said it all. The maids that escorted him there were still there, blushing at the figure that sat on the luxurious bed. Bird had noticed them and chuckled lightly totally because it wasn't awkward, he could tell the women were interested in him but he didn't try to push them away or make a move on them since he had a husband waiting for him and the ladies could really fuck his life over in this kingdom because it was matriarchal.

"Uhh...Is it normal for maids to accompany a guest in their room... At all times?" Bird asked politely because he didn't want to offend because he didn't know how this kingdom worked. The maids quickly realized what they were doing and apologized profusely before leaving the room.

Bird sighed out relief, finally happy that he was alone. He laid on the bed, resting his aching back. Flying from Vesperimane to Stilletona without any stops really took a number on him. It was really exhausting to the point that you would wanna just fall asleep after...

He stared at the ceiling, admiring the murals of virtues and beautiful lacerations. He had to admit, this kingdom was quite nice, not compared to his but just nice. Volunteering to send an invitation to Stilletona was worth it. He was about close his eyes when...

Knock... Knock..

Bird immediately shot his eyes open and shakenly replied "O-oh, Come in!!". He was quite startled by the sudden noise.

The doorknob started twisting and the door slowly opened to reveal an elderly maid. "I'm sorry if I interrupted something Mr. Bird but you said that you would like to talk with prince Killer." The maid said gently as she saw Bird on the bed. Bird smiled under his mask and replied "Why, yes Miss! I want to talk to the prince.".

The maid opened the door even more and stepped aside, revealing prince Killer who was behind the old maid all this time. Killer nervously walked in, Bird looked mysterious...

"I shall be leaving now, prince Killer please be on your best behaviour." The old maid said, wishing well before leaving to carry out her duties. Bird stood up to talk and prince Killer walked closer. "H-hello Mr. Bird, what is it that you want to talk with me?" Killer asked, he was quite nervous... I mean a Vesperite is literally in front of him!

"Hi! Prince Killer, as you might know by now that you're invited to my queen's ball, and I want to teach you about the full details of the ball and manners in my kingdom because you might accidentally offend the queen or the princes." Bird said as he gracefully spread his wings before keeping them close. Killer awed at that, but then he realized... accidentally offend the queen?

"U-uhm...Mr. Bird, I'm sorry if I offend you by asking but..." Killer said, mumbling at the last part. "You can ask away, kiddo." Mr. Bird said and Killer gulped. "What do you mean by 'Accidentally offend the queen or the princes'." Killer asked out of curiousity and Bird chuckled before placing his hands on his waist. "Well, prince Killer.. some things that are normal in your kingdom aren't in Vesperimane, it could be unusual, or misundertanding or even downright offensive." Bird replied and Killer only muttered an "Ohhh...".

"Like showing strangers your face, they can misundertood you for a prostitute." Bird said and Killer only widened his eyes. "Wait, why?..." Killer asked out of surprise. "Well in my kingdom, your face is prefered covered at all times because you can find friends or a lover better because people will need to get to know you first before you show what you look like and your face will be considered as something really special in that way even though uhh... what do your people call people with a less attractive face? Ugly! Yeah even faces that are considered ugly or beautiful. Showing your face can attract more people and it kinda means you want to have sexual intercourse all the time no matter who it is." Bird replied and Killer took the information with awe.

"Wow, That's a great way to find friends or a lover." Killer said, he was interested in hearing more about the kingdom of Vesperimane. "I know, divorces are even super rare to find in the kingdom." Bird said proudly and the two decided to sit on the floor.

"When we greet our superiors, we bow down until our heads reach the ground, now you try." Bird said and Killer nodded before doing as what Bird said. "You can stop now, we need to talk more about my kingdom." Bird said and prince Killer with a giggle, returned to criss cross apple sauce.

Then the two continued with their meaningful conversation, Killer learned more and more and was even more excited to go to the ball. He hasn't been this excited in years!

He enjoyed the conversation about the Vesperimane kingdom so much that he begged Bird to tell him about it more. Eventually, the two became friends in the course of 5 hours. After their conversation finally ended, bird gave him a plain plastic white mask. "Here is your own Tago mask! It isn't made out of wood but the queen provided it so the people wont think of you as an adult entertainer. You can also paint it in any way you want and oh! It's afternoon now...sorry for wasting more time but go now prince Killer so you can pick a gift and also an attire to wear at the ball." Bird said and Killer nodded before hugging him. The two bid eachother goodbye and Killer left the room to go prepare what he was gonna bring.

He walked through the hallways and headed towards the throne room. He saw his parents talking to some important people and stopped at the door frame, waiting for their conversation to finish but the conversation didn't last long when the queen noticed her son standing there.

"My baby! Come to your mommy my dear! Ryan please report to us later, my son is more important." The queen said, shushing the man in front of her and the prince blushed as he stepped forward. "I'm sorry if I interrupted something important mom, but... can I go to the marketplace to buy something to bring for the ball?" Killer asked and his mom said in reply "Oh, of course! I can't have my son nothing to give to the queen of Vesperimane! Theresse, please accompany my son to the-" but she was cut off by Killer asking "Can I do it alone, mom?".

The queen thought for a while and happily said "Sure, why not? Theresse give my son a bag of gold!" Killer smiled, happy that his mom allowed him to do so and a maid walked closer to him and gave him a bag of gold. Killer thanked the maiden before thanking his mother and he left.

Killer walked through the hallways again and was about to leave through the door when a female knight noticed him. "My prince! Are you going alone?" She asked and Killer nodded before saying "Yes, Mrs. Keso. I'm going to the market place alone but my mom gave me permission.". The knight saluted him and he left to go buy a gift.

He walked towards the castle gates and was stopped by two more female knights. "My prince, have you asked permission from your mother?" The one with blond hair asked and Killer nodded before replying politely "Yes, yes, I did, Mrs. Ahos and Mrs. Sibuyas.".

The two knights let him out and he walked through the brick path, quite excited to buy a present worthy of one of the princes.