Chaper 13

I feel extremely intimidated by how large the school is however I pushed that feeling down and lifted my head high. I made my way to the so called lobby and entered the immaculate office. I saw a kind women who immediately said,"Hello how can I help you dear." I could barely contain the overwhelming need to fidget as I replied back. "I'm here to see principle Roanen about my attendance." The women nodded and smiled before kindly asking for my name. I felt stupid for not having given my name which I quickly supplied.

She continued for a minute typing on her computer before buzzing the principle. She informed him that I was here and she was going to send me in. "If you would follow me miss Rizzo", she said. I would have to talk to Dario about him changing my last name without informing me.

She then buzzed the principle who told her to send me in. I entered to see a man who looked to be about my father's age. "Hello sir," I politely said and he just smiled and motioned towards the seats in front of him. I took a seat and then he started speaking. "Hello Glenda I'm Principle Henry Roanen, I actually went to school with your father back in the day." I just nodded not really sure what to say to this.

He then deciede to dive right into my reason for being in his office. "Well Glenda it is mandatory for all students to take the entrance exam and then to pick classes based on their scores and interest. We will began with a grade lower since our test are more difficult than the average school and if needed progress higher." I nodded though I saw through his false smile, this man didn't think I could pass my years test and what's worse, he didn't think I would pass the one below it either.

"Okay then if you would follow me to the testing room." He got up and I followed behind as he walked to building nine also labeled as the lab. We entered a room where a teacher sat and one of the desks had a paper, pencil, eraser, and calculator, additionally there was lose printer paper ment for note taking. Principle Henry introduced the teacher, " Glenda this is Mr. Joseph one of the senior teachers he will be watching as you test. "Hello Mr. Joseph," I politely and quietly greeted.

Principle Henry then left and I turned towards Mr. Joseph awaiting instruction. "Well miss. Rizzo this test consists of math, science, history, reading and writing, as well as a language test of various languages. There are over 400 questions and you have 4 hour to complete. You also have 2 thirty minute breaks." I nodded my understanding and sat at the desk he motioned towards. He then signaled the start time and I began.

The test was fairly easy. The math was super easy as was the reading and writing, the science and history was a little harder but still manageable. Now the language portion was hard other than the French portion, I could also tell their was some Spanish however I knew very little. While I had taken AP Spanish I sucked at it and only got there by memorizing the stuff just before the test and then I forgot it. I finished the exam in an hour and twenty seven minutes.

Mr. Joseph then started grading it before coming back over with more printer paper and another work packet. "These have 200 questions on math, history, Science, reading and writing. You have four hours to complete this you also have two thirty minute breaks." I again began filling out the answers and found the history and science some what difficult, however the math, reading and writing were still easy. I finished in two hours without taking any breaks.

Mr. Joseph once again took my paper graded it and gave me another packet this time I had four hours to complete and no breaks. I again filled out the answers only this time I couldn't answer any of the history questions and only a few of the science, the math was a little harder but the reading and writing were still easy. At two hours Mr. Joseph again took the paper and graded it before saying we were heading to back to the principles office.

We arrived and Mr. Joseph and principle Henry spoke in private before calling me in. "Miss Rizzo you have passed the freshman test with perfect scores in all subjects except the language portion. Mr. Joseph then gave you the junior test and you passed all the subjects except history so you will be taking 11th grade history. You were also given the senior test and you are at the being level of senior science and math. You exceld in your reading and writing which include collage level questions so we will not be requiring you to take a reading or writing class.

Principle Henry then called in a women who would be helping us set up my schedule. I had eight periods which were 12th grade chemistry, 12th grade math, art, 11th grade history, lunch, Spanish, AP English, and free period. My schedule was arranged to give me most classes with the Junior class. I also had to choose two extra activities. I chose the swim club and art club. I was informed that later on in the year of I so choosed I could pick more.

At this point it was almost lunch time so Principle Henry lead me to the cafeteria and promptly left. With my schedule done and a map of the school I got in line and picked up my lunch before finding a table. I spent the majority of lunch studying the map. When lunch was over I knew the layout of the school and were to find all my classes. The bell rang and I headed out in search of my Spanish class.