'Hm, let's see if he has an uncommon power or something.'

"Now, I'm going to make you say words that might confuse you, so say something if you feel like you're gonna blow up."

"Blow--What?!"

"I'm gonna have to rephrase that; now follow after me: Bio-Bomb."

Yuri felt his right hand twitch after he muttered the word. He looked down and saw small tendrils coming out of his fingers. After a few seconds, they retracted back inside.

"Bio-Bomb what? What's that for?"

"Looks like that didn't work--just repeat what I say, okay?"

"A-Alright."

"Let's do... Hunt."

Activating his tracking ability, his vision went red, and a pulse ring came out from his position, spreading out in all directions. A glowing red aura emanated from Lucas for a few seconds before his vision returned to normal.

"Hunting?"

"No, just Hunt."

Lucas cleared his throat.

"Hunt."

Suddenly, the boy grabbed his head and looked around with a terrified and confused expression. 

"W-What the hell is happening?! Everything's red! Y-You're glowing!" He fell down onto the ground, trying to take in what happened.

'Oh, that's real nice.'

"I-It's happening again! Make it stop!"

'He'll be perfect for scouting, I guess.'

"What is this?!"

'But... I'll need him to get his shit together first after this.

...

Meanwhile, inside the cabin, Lyra tossed and turned in her sleep. Her back mysteriously emitted an aura of red, with small tendrils occasionally emerging from under her skin, only to return back in. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists, causing them to also emit a similarly colored aura of red. After a few moments of what seemed to be painful experience, she suddenly opened her eyes, which were now colored in a strong tint of scarlet red.

"𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫."

...

'What's Lyra's abilities going to be like? Hm, probably like Eliss'? I mean, they're pretty similar, but one's a fox and the other's a wolf. She looks like a pacifist, so she might not be quite relevant in the... improvised devious plot I'm currently making on the spot as I go here. She'll... probably be just a person in the background watching.'

It didn't take long for Yuri to disregard all of his negative thoughts about Lyra after this.

...

'SHE'S GOT FUCKING CLAWS!!!'

* * *

A Day Later...

Dreslow's Diner, Downtown Ven

The sound of loud munching can be heard throughout the place, somewhat disturbing the neighboring seats. Bite after bite, crunch after crunch, the yellow girl didn't leave a single leftover after chewing on a large piece of fried rooster meat in front of her friend, who currently has a straight expression on her face.

"Can't you slow down? We're not in a rush."

"H-m? bu i chn gi enof of iyts."

"Swallow it first."

"Yo'r pay--- fer al oof theze."

She let out a deep sigh, disappointed to see her like this. 'Ugh, when will you learn Jen?'

Moon was getting a bit tired of supervising this idiotic friend of hers, that she now wanted to release some of this stress on some monsters in one of the few monster dungeons near the city. It has been a while after all since they went out in a hunting trip, but due to their insane paycheck, they were basically set for the rest of the year. 

They then went on trips around the city; buying lots of things that may or may not have been actually useful, and eating at some popular restaurants, with Jen basically buying everything they've got. She sometimes thinks of her friend as a large pocket dimension that's infinite in size, but can only accept food as storage.

While in her thoughts, Jen suddenly spoke to Moon, catching her off guard. 

"Hey, you see those guys?"

"Huh--wait what?"

"Those guys outside the window across the street."

"Hm?"

Moon looked outside the panel window next to their seat and saw two men wearing what seemed to be masks that were quite mechanical at sight. They wore a black coat, with a large, yellow and white emblem on their backs, with some similarities to the Stardustian national flag that had the same colors. They were currently talking to an individual wearing a formal attire after walking up to them.

No doubt, they were part of the Magical Investigations Bureau.

"What are they doing here?"

"They tightened up the security in the city after that market incident, right?"

"Oh yeah, almost no survivors." Jen then continued on eating her meal.

"They said it was Luminous."

"Of-h, thzem?" She gulped the food in her mouth down instantly to talk. "What were their motives this time?"

"It's always killing, or kidnapping."

"This time's killing for sure. They literally destroyed an entire market for no reason after all." Jen pointed a bone towards the agents outside.

"Probably a message to not interfere with their objectives or something."

"Hm, I doubt it. Why not just kill an important person? That's probably more effective than hundreds of civilians dead."

Moon took a moment to think. "I... somehow agree and disagree?"

Jen sighed. "Well, it's all going to blow over in a few days or weeks. Nothing serious enough to worry about."

"Wow, you call that not serious?"

"Eh, doesn't affect us quite much."

"Well see about that."

* * *

As they continued on finishing their meals, somewhere on the rooftops nearby was an individual dressed in a cloak of white. He observed the city from a chimney of a tall building, giving him a perfect view of the scenery. From below, he could see MIB agents patrolling through the streets, occasionally stopping by to ask some questions from people. In the distance, he could see a dust cloud rising up from what seems to be a collapsed structure. Taking a closer look, it was revealed to be the market that got destroyed days earlier.

The cold, strong wind blew on his face. As it did, he let out a smile and spoke.

"Interesting."

He then pulled out an orb made for communication out of his cloak and activated it.

He cleared his throat.

"All agents of and near 'Searchgroup 8,' focus all efforts on the city of Ven."

"We may have found them."

The scene then cuts to the silhouettes of multiple individuals wearing similar cloaks and hoods. Some were at a plaza, some were at a building, some were at a forest, etc. 

After a few seconds, they all disappeared suddenly, leaving no trace whatsoever in their wake--

...

"May the world be in our sights, always being controlled, always under our feet."

--with the man following soon after.

...

"Glory to Aeros."