Chapter 73: Returning, Birthday

Start from the beginning

Cen Huai'an immediately nodded, his little face expressing a serious expression, as if thinking about how to teach Chu Xia to play.

Chu Xia indeed didn't know how to play table tennis. When she was in primary and middle school, some classmates liked to go out and play.

But back then, in elementary school, she liked to play Chinese jump rope and throw sandbags. In middle school, she enjoyed discussing TV dramas with friends and didn't like to go play table tennis. Later, during breaks, she would play badminton with friends when she had free time, but she never touched table tennis.

Chu Xia asked Cen Huai'an about what he had been doing these days, and Jiang Zhida in front occasionally added a few sentences. Unconsciously, the car arrived at Grandpa Jiang's house.

Chu Xia got out of the car and saw the open gate of the Jiang family. She turned to Jiang Zhida and asked, "Did Grandpa ask you to bring us here?"

Jiang Zhida closed the car door with one hand and took Chu Xia's luggage with the other, nodding, "Yes. Grandpa has already asked Aunt Li to prepare the meal. He said for you to eat here before leaving."

Chu Xia thanked Grandpa Jiang in her heart. Indeed, there was nothing at her home now, not even a coal-burning stove. She no longer felt the need to be polite.

Walking past the entrance screen, the warm yellow light from the doorway window made the whole house instantly cozy. Chu Xia suddenly felt her eyes becoming a bit sore, as if she could see the image of her grandfather waiting for her with the lights on every time she returned home on vacation.

Jiang Zhida took a few steps and noticed that Chu Xia and Cen Huai'an had stopped behind him. He turned around, puzzled, and called out, "Sister-in-law?"

Chu Xia snapped back to reality, seeing Cen Huai'an also looking up at her, his eyes seeming to ask her what's wrong.

Chu Xia stored the recently recalled scene in her heart again, smiled, and said, "Nothing, I was just wondering what Aunt Li cooked that smells so good."

Jiang Zhida laughed heartily, "Sister-in-law, are you hungry?"

Grandpa Jiang, who heard the sound, walked out. Seeing Jiang Zhida approaching, he pulled his face to the side. When he turned to look at Chu Xia and An'an, his face was full of smiles.

"Chu Xia is back. Tired from the journey? Come in and have a meal; it's all your favorite dishes."

Chu Xia replied, "Thank you, Grandpa. I happen to be hungry."

As soon as Cen Huai'an heard Chu Xia say she was hungry, he quickly pulled her towards the house, saying, "Mom, you sit."

After entering, he lifted his foot and forcefully pulled out a chair for Chu Xia to sit.

Chu Xia patted his head, "You haven't washed your hands yet."

She took him to wash his hands, and when they came out, the table was already set with dishes and utensils. Grandpa Jiang and Jiang Zhida sat at the table, waiting for them to join.

Dinner was indeed as Grandpa Jiang had said, with dishes that both she and An'an loved. The garlic shoots stir-fried with beef, in particular, suited Chu Xia's taste, and she enjoyed it with rice.

After the meal, Grandpa Jiang didn't ask about her exam results, as Chu Xia had expected. Instead, he said, "After the exams, go back and rest well."

Grandpa Jiang was indeed a considerate elder. If she didn't do well in the exams, she definitely wouldn't want others to inquire too much about her grades at the moment.