🌊| Impulses. (47)

Começar do início

"We did say the more the merrier, and anyway, just tell him you don't need him anymore.. maybe he'll feel a little relief." Kie nods.

I rub my forehead. "I hate every single one of you for making me hug my ex boyfriend."

"Whoopsie!" Cleo snickers.

I stomp away to Tanner at the bar.

"Darl, you're.. you're back." He laughs.

I smile. "Good news!"

He tilts his head.

"We don't need your dads truck anymore, hurrah!" I shake my hands in the air.

He stops for a second. "Oh."

"So.. uh. Yeah. I really, really appreciate the help, but it's all good now!" I pat his shoulder, trying to get away from the situation.

"Who is bringing you, then?" He shrugs.

I see him getting almost offended that we'd choose someone else over him, so I lie a little to save that. "Kie's dad is willing to let her have the truck, we wanted to keep you out trouble."

He crosses his arms. "I highly doubt that."

I groan. "An old friend is offering his service, all right?" I say. "I'm sorry that we chose him, over you. But take it as a compliment that we would rather him be arrested than you." I stand up to leave.

"JJ didn't want me to be apart of it, did he?" He suddenly says as I'm turned around.

I roll my eyes before switching attitude to shock as I turn around. "What! No!"

"Mhm."

"Tanner, JJ is over the past. It's all a faded memory, you know?" I smile.

He sets his glass of tequila down. "Yeah, sure it is."

"It's true!" I say as he orders a new drink, flicking through this bills. "He's forgotten all about every grudge he's holding against you."

"Is he your boyfriend, now? 'Cause you seem to be defending him an awful lot." He barely acknowledges me as he speaks.

I clench my jaw. "Does every guy I know have to be my 'boyfriend' to you?"

"It's the way you defend them all so much that they could be your husband." He says as the bartender rings up his second drink.

I look up to the sky. "Oh, so now I can't defend my childhood best friend? Because he's a boy? Talk about sexism."

"You and your sexism, and your misogyny. It's always been like that with you." He scoffs, swigging his second drink.

I become extremely infuriated by that last statement. "You know what? You're right. None of us chose you because you're just a cunt and a pain in the ass to work with. That's one thing you got right in your entire life, Tanner. Congrats to that."

His eyes show not a lot of care for the conversation as I show huge concern. He begins to laugh a little. "Bye Darla."

"You know what? Fuck you, fuck you Tanner! You look like your a baby of an incest relationship you rodent!" I yell.

People in the bar turn to look.

"Why don't you go blow JJ or something? Or, no, is it Rafe this week?" He turns to me while still on the stool.

"Rafe? What are you babbling on about." I laugh when I hear him mention that name.

"I was told about you and his meet-up back at Bahamas." He shrugs, sipping away at his fresh glass. "Seems a bit like a blowjob opportunity to me."