Kaveh knew he had to say something quickly.
„ Oh haha, that came out all wrong.", Kaveh said, „ What I meant to say is that we sleep in two separate beds but they're in the same bedroom. Haha."

Alhaitham's mom smiled.
„ No worries.", she said, „ I will call you boys when it's lunch time."

She closed the door and left.
Kaveh looked at Alhaitham, who looked embarrassed and pissed off.
„ Gosh, you nearly outed us both.", he growled. Kaveh turned redder.
„ I didn't even realize that what I said sounded extremely gay.", Kaveh laughed.

Alhaitham smiled.
„ Well at least you didnt say that to my grandma.", Alhaitham said as he pulled Kaveh onto his lap.

Kaveh turned red.
„ Are you sure you wanna act like this now? What if someone walks in on us?", Kaveh nervously said.
„ They won't, dont worry.", Alhaitham said. He leaned in and kissed Kaveh's lips.

They both lay on the bed and took out their phones, and scrolled a bit through TikTok.
„ Look, this is literally us.", Kaveh said as he showed a TikTok of two cats cuddling.

Alhaitham tunred red.
„ Stop making me blush.", Alhaitham said. Kaveh laughed.

Alhaitham looked into Kaveh's beautiful eyes.
„ Kaveh, have I told you how handsome you are?", Alhaitham said. Kaveh turned red.
„ When did you become such a flirt?!", Kaveh yelled, „ Flirting is my thing."

Alhaitham approached Kaveh and leaned in, about to kiss his lips.
„ Only for you, Kaveh.", Alhaitham said as he leaned closer.

That moment, the door opened.

Kaveh and Alhaitham jumped out of their skins and they were freaking out. What if someome walked in om them?
Kaveh fell off the bed.

„ Boys, lunch time.", Alhaitham's mom said.
She left then.

Alhaitham and Kaveh laughed.
„ Maybe we should save the flirting for the evening, when mom and grandma are sleeping.", Alhaitham laughed.
Kaveh laughed too.

Both boys headed downstairs. Alhaitham's mom had made curry, which instantly reminded Alhaitham of his childhood.

„ Enjoy, boys.", Alhaitham's mom said.

Kaveh took a bite of the curry. It was amazing.
„ This food is amazing. Thank you.", Kaveh said.
„ Glad you like it.", Alhaitham's mom said, „ So, how did you two meet?"

Alhaitham and Kaveh turned eed.
„ Mom, remember that phase I had in middle school where I would come home from school and yell about that one boy?", Alhaitham asked.
„ Oh yeah. That phase was terrible.", Alhaitham's mom laughed.

„ That one boy is sitting next to me.", Alhaitham said.

Alhaitham's mom gasped.
„ Oh my! So you two became roommates...although you hated eachother?", she gasped.
„ Yes.", Alhaitham said nodding his head, „ Cyno gave Kaveh a good price offer to live with me. But we ended up becoming close friends."

„ How sweet.", Alhaitham's mom said smiling.
„ So Kaveh, do you have a girlfiend?", Alhaitham's grandma said.

Kaveh awkwardly smiled, making eye contact with his boyfriend.
„ No. I'm single.", Kaveh lied.

„ Alhaitham, you have a girlfriend, don't you?", Alhaitham's grandma said, „ What's her name?"

„ Uh...Nilou.", Alhaitham said. He knew that Dehya's close friend was called Nilou, so he said that name.
„ I wish we could have met her. But we will some day.", Alhaitham's mom said.

„ Oh by the way, do you remember that girl you used to have a crush on when you were younger? The blonde girl?", Alhaitham's grandma said changing the subject.

„ Alhaitham used to have a thing for blondes as a kid.", Alhaitham's mom added as she laughed, „ And he probably still does now."

Kaveh turend red.
„ No wonder why I'm his type.", he thought to himself.

„ Which blonde girl?", Alhaitham asked.
„ Navia. Our neigbor. You used to love her in elementary school.", Alhaitham's grandma said.
„ Yeah, when I was like 8.", Alhaitham said, „ What about her?"

„ She's become a messed up person.", Alhaitham's grandma said,
„ She is a lesbian."

Alhaitham and Kaveh made eye contact.
„ So? As long as she's happy, then that's all that matters.", Alhaitham awkwardly said.

„ But its such a waste. She is such a pretty girl, so many men would want her.", Alhaitham's grandma said.

The rest of the meal was awkward. Kaveh now saw the proof that Alhaitham's grandma was homophobic, and he knew it was the reason why Alhaitham couldn't come out to his family

_____________________
Author's note:

Hi,
Terribly sorry for disappearing again for a while, I will try to be more active :)