"You may now take a 15-minute break. I'm strict, but I don't want to see my staff suffer from hunger and lack of sleep."

When I laugh, I briefly believe that the person laughing is Chase, whom I met at the pub. Then, however, we both hear Jenna's phony laugh. Chase's face reverts to becoming a stone. I acknowledge that I no longer know this man.

"Go!"

Jenna and I quickly leave his office. As I made my way toward the elevators, Amie caught up with me.

"How was it, then?"

"Not as scary as I thought." Chase was really focused and serious. However, he didn't have a menacing presence. But perhaps it's because I kept picturing our romantic evening together as I was staring at him. The CEO, though, appears to be very different from the man at the bar.

"I need some warning; I could be the next!"

"You're shrewd,"

"I'm just clever,"

"Let's not talk about it here. I only have 30 minutes to buy a snack."

"He is a dictator,"

"Maybe some of him delights in our suffering."

"I'm afraid now!"

"I truly don't think so. I think he's just incredibly determined and wants to do everything he can to make this firm the greatest it can be."

"You already know him so well!"

"Perhaps it's merely a woman's instinct."

"Probably."

When the elevator arrives, Jenna approaches Amie. We three enter the building.

"You were unfortunate to be partnered with me!"

"Also, why is that?"

"Because I'm so much superior to you," I said.

"You would say anything to support your own image, but that doesn't make your comments true."

"I can say the same about you." On the first floor, the elevator arrives, and Jenna exits with confidence. She genuinely believes that she is superior to everyone.

"She's such a bitch! Does she really believe that?"

"She most likely does."

After 30 minutes, I returned to Chase's office, but Jenna wasn't there. Chase is perusing some files while seated at his desk. Did he leave the office, or did he stay in the office the entire break?

"Hey," I say, looking up from the papers, which makes my heart beat faster.

"Yla, I believe we've already met today."

"True, but..."

"Then what?" He's taunting me with his soft voice. To make it look less suspicious, I closed the door with a gap. I move up to his desk, making sure no one can hear me by lowering my voice.

"Chase, I--"

"At least while we're at the office, it's Mr. Dawson."

"Sorry."

"At the bar, you seemed more courageous, especially when your hand was in mine." When Chase's fiery gaze catches mine, my cheeks begin to boil. We both recall that period of time. and my underwear is immediately soaked. But just now, I'm unable to reminisce. I have to focus on the here and now.

"I really had no idea,"

"What if you were to recognize me?"

"I would never..."