24

Kirishima had spent the night tossing and turning in bed, his brain rushing at a mile a minute, and making any form of relaxation practically impossible. He was anxious, every nerve in his body firing and telling the redhead to go and find his blonde- to present him with this present.

But his brain was acting as the voice of reason, telling him his blonde would be sleeping, that seeking him out may only work to crush the relationship they’ve worked so hard to build. 

And those thoughts alone were enough to keep the shark from leaving the cave at an ungodly hour, staying bound to his bed, wrapped in blankets of seaweed and staring aimlessly at the roof of his and his companion’s underwater cave. He was restless, and every inch of his body was screaming to go go go, but he wouldn’t.

Not until someone else woke up, at least. 

***

He surfaced through the water with little sound, purposefully avoiding making a racket as much as possible, just in case his blonde was still asleep. 

He wasn’t, thankfully. 

Instead, he was laying, deep red eyes staring lazily up at the stalactites dripping down from the ceiling, and watching the reflections of the water shining against the roof as it caught against the sun’s rays. The blonde himself seemed to shine slightly brighter in the sun, his skin seeming to hold more colour to it than in the past few days, the small spatterings of freckles across his temples blending into his skin the slightest bit more. His lips weren’t as dry as before, and his eyes looked less sunken. 

He looked even prettier than he had in the days since Kirishima first knew him- and that’s saying something, since the redhead always thought he was pretty. 

“Katsuki?” He asked hesitantly, wanting to alert the human to his presence without startling him as much as possible. The blonde flinched slightly at the sudden noise, before turning his head, red eyes meeting brighter red, and a small smile overtook his face at the sight of the boy. 

“Hey, Kirishima.” He replied softly, moving to sit up so as to properly interact with the shark, his muscles flexing and rippling as he strained to sit up from his spot flat against the rocks. The redhead stayed mostly submerged underwater, his collarbones peeking over the surface, but thats about it; the rest of his body, as well as the present he had brought with him, still fully underneath the water. 

“How was your night?” The redhead asked, making his way towards the rock ledge where the blonde sat, feeling the water part and make way for his body as he did. His heart was racing, and his skin felt like it was on fire, nerves erupting his entirety as he tried to engage with his blonde. The blonde snorted at his question, lifting a brow to stare at the shark and smirking. 

“Really? I admit we are friends and suddenly you think we can initiate in small talk?” The blonde aimed a smirk at the redhead, shaking his head slightly. “It was fine. As fine as it can be stuck here, I guess.” The shark smiled smally at that, dropping the present he got the Bakugou on the ledge next to him before swiftly pulling himself up onto the small rock ledge that lined the side of the grotto Bakugou had been forced to call his new home, his fingers splayed out as he shuffled around to find a comfortable position. 

After settling, the redhead turned to his companion, sharp teeth caught in a wide smile, when he noticed the other’s red eyes focused on his hands, following his gaze to the torn and cut webbing between his fingers, not bleeding but still a deeper red than its surrounding flesh in irritation. The blonde had a slight pout on his face, brows scrunched in a frown as he stared intensely at the ripped skin between his fingers. 

“It doesn’t hurt.” The redhead said, catching Bakugou’s attention and forcing the other to look up at him, red eyes meeting deeper red, but the pout remained on his face.