Blackout

Keira sat at her laptop waiting for her parents to pick up the skype call. Her father appeared first.

"Coming home?" he asked as soon as she was in sight.

"Dad...I am home."

"It was worth a try." he said. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay." she said. "We had the weirdest thing happen the other day, InGen came to speak to Owen and I."

"What?!"

She nodded. "Yeah, they wanted us to work in their military program."

"You tell them to go to hell?"

"Yes I did!"

"That's my girl.Those bastards." he said. "They have some nerve. Was it Wu?"

She shook her head. "Reggie Dan is what he called himself. Total asshat." she said.

"You be careful, any sign of them acting up and you call me. I'll handle it."

"Thanks Dad." 

"I don't like this one bit Keira."

"I know Dad, neither do I. Things were going so good, I don't want that to change."

Alan smiled at her for reassurance. 

"Where's Raptor Boy?"

Keira gave him a look.

"Where's Owen?" he corrected himself.

"Working with the new raptor babies." She could see her father slightly shiver at the mention of the velociraptors.

"Any luck naming them yet?"

She shook her head. "It's up to him."

"He has a way with naming, Blue is such a unique-"

"Dad..."

He chuckled."Alright alright." he crossed his arms leaning on his desk. "You really like him don't you?"

"No," she said, "I really love him Dad."

"Are you sure that storm isn't going to hit us Lowery?" Keira asked. She received no answer. She looked over and saw him looking on at Michelle with a dreamy look.

She snapped her fingers in front of him. "Lowery...hi!" she said waving at him as he looked over before blushing.

"Sorry, what?"

"That storm Lowery, it's getting closer."

He waved his arm dismissing her statement. "Storms like that don't hit areas like Costa Rica, they go right by."

"That's the problem Lowery, we're not in Costa Rica, we're a good 120 miles away from there. Storms may not hit them but they can hit us."

"You're worrying about nothing. If anything we'll get hit with a thunderstorm like we always do."

Keira looked into the tank that held the massive Mosasaurus who was currently swimming around. She seemed to get lost for a moment before walking over and pressing her hand against the glass.

She remembered the shows every day during feeding as the park attempted to give the audience a Seaworld-esque vibe. The crowd screaming as they were drenched from the splash. She didn't miss a moment of it.

She sighed and looked back into the water only be startled by seeing only the eye of the Mosasaurus. She dropped her hand but the aquatic lizard continued to watch her before it began thrashing around in the water. She stood confused but decided to leave if her presence was upsetting it.