✮ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 3 ✮

"OF COURSE I DID. I HAVE EARS."

y/n looked down at the table when suna's phone vibrated against the surface for the third time in a row

y/n looked down at the table when suna's phone vibrated against the surface for the third time in a row. her eyes, which had been following the trickling water droplets on the coffee shop window, were now flitting between suna and his phone. he sighed, declining the call and averting eye contact with y/n as she arched an eyebrow at him. "you should answer him." suna's gaze snapped to meet hers as she suggested. "i mean, what if it's about saori? didn't she go back to his house a few days ago?"

"yeah. if there was anything wrong with her, my mom would know and she would've told me." suna nodded. for context, it was the following day and the shop that y/n worked at closed early on friday's so after suna's practice and her shift, the two decided to stop by a coffee shop for a small snack. they both enjoyed the silence and the peace of the rainfall being blown against the window by the mindless wind, but it was interrupted once more though when suna's phone began to go off displaying the contact named 'dad'. he sighed, shutting the entire device off completely and y/n gave him a look of concern. "are you trying to make me feel bad?" he questioned, playfully.

"no, not at all." she muttered as she peered out the window. "um, how was practice today?" y/n was desperate to shift the subject, mainly to keep suna from getting upset by discussing something he was obviously trying to avoid. "so-so. coach is on my ass and it's starting to get annoying" he huffed, making y/n face him with a teasing smile. "wait actually? what's he yelling at you for?" her question made suna think and as he was lost in thought, y/n saw him counting on his fingers. "how many things are you doing to piss him off?" she laughed, snapping him out of his own head. "a great deal, but to keep it simple, i'm not exactly focused which isn't good since we have a game coming up."

"yeah, better clear your head. at least for the time being while at practices." y/n nodded. "and if you ever need to talk-"

"you're here. i know." he finished her words with a quiet mumble. y/n refrained from grinning and suna spoke again. "so, how was work yesterday? you never told me." y/n knew this was his way of diverting the attention from himself, but nevertheless she continued to answer. "hmm...well"