✮ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 6 ✮

"THE FIRST ONE, DUMBASS"

y/n groaned at her phone for the umpteenth time after seeing her game's character die

y/n groaned at her phone for the umpteenth time after seeing her game's character die. she was currently playing crossy road on her phone to pass time for inarazaki's morning volleyball practice. suna and the twins convinced her to stay on this particular morning and with a lot of convincing and a botched power point presentation made by the twins on all the reasons why she should stay, they were surprisingly successful. she tapped at her screen and as she was just about to beat her own high score, her shoulder was shoved, making her accidently tap the screen and offing her character.

y/n looked up in annoyance, but when she saw the familiar face of a boy, her heart nearly beat out of her own chest. there stood the best friend of kenji, aka the ex that she previously was speaking to suna about how he showed up during her work shift. even though it wasn't kenji himself, y/n felt no source of relief at the face of his closest friend. "n/n! long time no see." he smiled. "what are you doing here?" she asked. shutting off her phone.

both aran and inarazaki's coach was seated a bleacher step down from her, so in a way, she felt some sort of reassurance. "kenji and i decided to transfer back to inarazaki. we missed it here."

"kenji's back..too?"

the boy smiled menacingly before nodding and y/n sighed to herself and stood up, moving down a few bleachers to sit next to aran. the boy took quick steps and stood infront of y/n, not really caring about the people around them. aran gave y/n a look of concern, but his attention was quickly drawn away by the fact that their coach was scolding one of the teammates for a mistake they made on the court. "you're still holding grudges, aren't you?" shoto asked, a look of disbelief in his irises. "it's not a grudge. it's a reason to keep my distance from you guys."

"ohhh, so you're just hell bent on-"

"you two better leave this gym if you're going to start arguing and interrupting practice" the coach snapped, making a shiver run down y/n's spine. she didn't know how the volleyball team dealt with that almost everyday. y/n groaned, standing up and this caught the attention of the twins. when suna looked in the direction of where the twin's line of sight was directed, his own heart almost pounded out of his chest. y/n walking out of the gym and shoto following behind her. "y/n" suna called loud enough for the girl to hear. the coach let out a groan, but suna ignored it, his only focus being on his best friend.