"Good thing, Thomas is the perfect person for that."

They made me sit still on a chair in front of a mirror. This is quite nerve-wrecking as I hadn't let anyone but Mikasa touch my hair. Every time I hear the scissor and every time I see a strand of my hair falling, I feel anxious. However, the most nerve-wrecking part was when they were already cleaning my cut using a blade. One wrong move and they will give me a cut. One cut will lead to my transformation. I don't want to become a titan right here and now!

"And done." When Thomas said that, I was able to let out a relieved sigh. "Well, now I think it's time to dress you up. It's getting quite late, young man."

"Oh, no no no. Look at his face. He has a stubble. He has to shave first!" Mrs. Terry then cupped my cheeks and carefully scanned my face.

"Well then, while you are busy shaving his stubble, I'll be rummaging our closet for a suit that will fit him." Thomas ran to their bedroom while Mrs. Terry stayed with me. Although she left for a while to get a soap, she didn't take much time.

As she was putting soap on the parts that need to be shaved, I couldn't help but stare at her in awe. I can't help but imagine my Mom doing this for me. If ... she was here, would she be with Mikasa and I right now? Would she help me ask Mikasa out on a date too? Would she be proud that I have grown into a young man? How would she react if she finds out that I want to marry Mikasa?

How would she react if she finds out my life is limited and that she'll have to bury me if ever?

"Why are you crying, Ren?" Mrs. Terry stopped all of a sudden. When she spoke, that's when I realized that I have already shedded some tears.

"I am sorry. You just remind me so much of my mother." I smiled.

"Hmmm." She nodded and continued. "You know? I used to do this for my son. On his first date with Vina, we did all the preparation and on their wedding, his Dad and I were the busiest people. I cried a lot when he was saying his vows."

I wish Mrs. Terry and Thomas' son show them enough appreciation. I would do anything just to have this kind of family. A happy and healthy one.

I wish I also have someone who'll cry at my wedding. If I tell Armin where I am, will he keep it a secret? Will he go here just to see how happy I am with my life with Mikasa now? Will he go here to ask the two of us to abandon the cabin and come back to the Scouts? God, I hope not.

After, Mrs. Terry washed and wiped my face. She even clapped when she saw me smile at the reflection of myself on the mirror.

"I found the perfect suit for Ren!" Thomas went out of their room with a complete attire hanging on his arms. They also offered to lend me a shoe, but I was already contented with the loafers I have right on right now. The suit that Thomas brought out was an all black one with a white under shirt.

He handed it to me and pushed me to their bedroom so I can start dressing up. While I was buttoning up my under shirt, I can't help but smile and shake at the same time. I am happy, but I am also so nervous.

When I went out of their bedroom, I can't help but feel conscious because of their silence. They were just looking at me with their hands on their mouth, making me wonder if I really wore this correctly.

"Do I look bad?" I asked.

"No, dear, you look perfect!" Mrs. Terry exclaimed.

"She will surely say yes, Ren." Thomas gave me a pat on my shoulder and smiled.

As I was about to leave, they gave me the bouquet and gave me good luck messages and some tips I can use for later. Walking back to the cabin felt so light and heavy at the same time. I love being in the cabin with Mikasa, but it also makes me so nervous at the same time because I'll be asking her out tonight!

It took us hours just to get me ready for this special day. I hope Mikasa likes my new haircut.

When I opened the cabin door, the lights were off but there were lights peeking from the door of Mikasa's room. As I take my slow and careful steps, the world seems to move slowly too.

So, I knocked on her door and waited for her to open up. When she finally did, she welcomed me with a shocked expression on her face.

"You cut you hair." She pointed out.

"Yeah." I smiled shyly.

"And you have flowers."

"Yes, Mikasa."

I don't know why, but it felt as if I travelled back into time. I feel like the boy who wrapped the scarf around her and right now, all I'm seeing is the girl who embraced the warmth I offered, the girl I took home with me and my father. I can see Mikasa ... the Mikasa who woke me up from my nap when I was resting under the tree up on that hill where we used to race all the time.

With tears on her eyes, she spoke, "did I perhaps ... travel back to years ago?"

I have a feeling we are seeing the same thing.

"What's all of this for, Eren?"

At that moment, I found myself dropping all my doubts and fears of not being able to do love right. From this day forward, I'll love her in every way possible. I'll love her in a way that she would feel it and know it. I'll love her in a way that she'll finally be able to acknowledge the beauty she possesses. I'll love her in a way ... that'll break boundaries and time limits.

"I love you, Mikasa."

°•☆°•☆°•°•

Thank you for reading!