Chapter 7

Eve POV
I woke up in a dark room. I was alone. There were no windows. I fluttered my wings. They were still intact and working. I gave a sigh of relief. Having been a little worried that they would have done something to them,it really was a big weight off my back. I decided to explore my surroundings a bit. A moment later after a stumbling walk in the dark, i plopped back down in the corner with nothing to show for it but a stubbed toe that i had kicked into a wall. I sat and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, i just wrapped my wings around myself and fell asleep in the little cocoon of warmth they made.
***********
Dawn POV
I collapsed into my bunk, on my side of course, because of these stupid wings on my back.
"Dawn? Where is Evie?" A little voice asked me. I sat up and turned to look at the worried face of Lilla. She was toying with the small wing necklace she had on. I looked over to Eve's bunk. I blinked. It was...gone. There wasn't a trace of it. As the other girls slowly noticed, they gathered in a crowd around where it had been. Then they started questioning me.
"Guys! I don't know where she is. All i know is that some guy called the Headmaster wanted her! That is IT! Stop asking me!" I yelled. They continued their incessant chattering. Lilla climbed next to me and hugged me. We sat, quietly, and wondered where our friend was.
***********
Eve POV
The door slid open and the lights flickered on. I peeked out from under my wings at the door. I looked down at myself and realized i was wearing a white hospital gown. I frowned. Where had the dress i was wearing earlier gone? I turned my attention back to the door. There was a man there, but i didn't recognize him.
"Follow me, Eve." He said in a deep voice. I rose and walked silently after him. We went through a maze of hallways, all of them white and sterile. Finally, we stopped at a large double door. He turned around with a scrap of cloth in his hands.
"Stand still."
He wrapped it around my head. I could no longer see. I felt the familiar cord wrapped around my ankle and immediately leapt so i was hovering a bit above the ground. I followed the tug of the cord until we stopped and i landed. He took the blindfold off. I was at the entrance to a bunkhouse similar to my own, except this one was surrounded with woods on all sides. He pushed me to the door and it slid open. Inside, a group of boys, all around the ages 14-17, stood. A tall, beefy, guy came forward. He wasn't ugly, but he wasn't exactly handsome either. He spoke.
"What is...this..." He growled. My escort cleared his throat.
"Alpha Adam, this is Eve. she is now your mate." He stated simply. Alpha Adam stalked closer to me and sniffed, as a dog would. He walked around me, sniffing. I was frozen to the spot, terrified. He stopped in front of me and looked me in the eyes. He had dark, almost black eyes. He grunted.
"She will do. I accept her as my mate. What is her name?" He growled again. I don't think he could do anything but growl.
"Her name is Eve. Enjoy." My escort bowed quickly and then left, leaving me with the wolves. I looked at the ground. He yanked my face up to look at him. He turned my face to the the left, and then to the right. He grunted again. Then, he bit my collarbone. I screamed in pain and shock. He pulled away and i put my hand over the bleeding wound. He gave a deadly smile.
"You are now marked as my mate. Go, enjoy the outdoors. We will complete the mating tonight." He walked away and the other wolves followed him. I waited a second before walking out the door. Checking behind me one more time, and wishing that the silver cord around my ankle was gone, i pushed off the ground and leapt into air, flying, until i was far above the treetops, above the clouds. I heard a familiar voice in my head.
"Turn to the left, then when you see a forest of pine trees, go until you see a large clearing. Land in the center of the clearing. Their seer knows you are coming. Good luck Eve."
I turned left and flew, relishing the freedom. I was free, FREE! I twirled in the air and made a giant loop, laughing. Free! My collarbone had stopped bleeding. It just ached. I flew and flew, until final,y i reached a forest of spiky looking trees.
These better be pine trees... I thought as i flew over them, looking for a clearing. At last, i found one and i tucked my wings in and dive bombed into the center. I came to a landing, knees bent, wings flared out. I looked pretty dang awesome. I looked up to see a small group of people looking at me. No...not entirely people. The girl closest to me had small, stunted wings with bright geen feather on them. The guy next to her looked normal enough, but then he smiled at me and i saw elongated canines. His hands were paws, and he looked to be partly covered in fur. The girl next to him had scales, webbed hands, and double lidded eyes. Was she part...fish? As i looked around, i saw dozens upon dozens of horrific body mutilations. Antlers that has razor sharp points, deformed wings, even a girl who seemed to be half made of ice. Were these the failed operations? The girl with stunted green wings walked forward.
"Hello, my name is Paige. You look a little confused. Come on, i'll explain everything." She smiled kindly and held out a hand. I took it and rose from my crouched position, following her, my wings trailing in the dirt behind me. I had a feeling this would be interesting.
**********
A/N: hey guess what? You just read over 1000 words i wrote!! 1000!!! So, what do you think is going to happen next? XD i don't even know...but yeah, i'm in a good mood, and bored, so i decided to write another chapter. Did you enjoy it? Probably not. :^/. Seeing as how i didn't proofread it. But yeah, Eve is Free!!!!! Let us celebrate by leaving a review!! Hurray! Reviews! Thanks for reading! I love you guys!
-Twila