Matt

"Well Clara I'm Matt, welcome to hell," Matt exclaimed, staring me dead in the eyes. "They came in early in the morning dragging you behind them, bleeding your little heart out. They took the bullet out and wrapped up your shoulder, don't know where they learned that. Anyway you've been out cold since. It's three o'clock, I know that because they left me my watch. I think they want me to watch time go by around me while I sit in here waiting to die," he trails.

"Who is 'they'?" I asked, extremely exhausted despite the fact that I just slept for twelve hours.

"Our captors, Erica and Tyler," matt  huffed acting like I asked the dumbest question in the world.

"Oh," I mumble not bothering to ask how he knows their names. Matt would be handsome if he shaved his face and wasn't covered in dirt. He had scruffy jet black hair and eyes like the Caribbean sea. His jawline looked more structured than my entire life. The only clothes he had on was a dirty white tee- shirt and some green and red plaid boxers, no shoes. I looked down at myself, I was stripped down to my underwear and a black skin tight tank top.

"Don't look at me!" I screamed at matt, trying to wiggle myself out of sight. That was useless, where am I going to hide, behind a pole?

"Relax," he laughs." We are going to die down here anyway, its not like I'm gonna take a picture and post it on instagram," Matt points out. I guess he's right, I really have nothing to hide. Slowly I wriggle out from behind my pole.

"Nice boxers," I mock pointing my chin at his lower half.

"Yah, you like 'em? I don't want to brag... but.. ugh... they're Calvin Clean," he says in a superior voice. A couple of seconds pass and we both explode into laughter. I know we shouldn't be laughing considering our situation but It feels so good to just let it all go. So we laugh until we cry, and we cry until it feels like we have no tears left to shed.

"So, tell me about your family," matt says finally gaining control over himself.  At this change of subject a new surge of tears bursts through. What a terrible subject to bring up right now. I start to think about Jude, my mom and dad, Cecily and Diana. Why can't this whole thing be a bad dream? Why can't I wake up in my cozy bed? Why can't I go down stairs and see my mom flipping Mickey mouse pancakes and smell the mouth watering scent of bacon? Why did I listen to Cecily and leave the house at night?

Before I can answer matt I hear footsteps, swift quiet footsteps coming down the stairs. Following those footsteps comes another pair this pair just as swift but a little bit louder.

"Go back to sleep, pretend to still be passed out!" Matt whisper screams.

"What about you?" I whisper back.

"Don't worry about me Clara, go back to sleep!" he yells in a harsh whisper. Its too late. They're already here.

"Well what do we have here?" asks a woman's voice, I'm assuming this is Erica.

"The girl is awake and talking," a man says, Tyler.

"Well then lets get to work,"  Erica says with a devilish grin. Just as she says it rows of blinding lights explode in the room.