seventeen

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

"SO I WAS THINKING," EDEN STARTS, LOOKING AT LUFFY. The boy hums as he patiently waits for her to continue. "Well, we're leaving here soon, and this is Nami's home. So, what if we like take a tangerine tree or something with us for her?" Eden suggests.

Luffy's face lights up at her idea, "Yes! We should definitely do that!" he agrees with a nod of his head. Eden smiles at him before spotting a figure walking over to them, "Is he your friend?" she questions once she recognizes the boy as the cadet who stood up for them.

"Yeah, that's Koby," Luffy smiles, Eden nods her head before excusing herself. She smiles at Koby as she passes him. Not much further she spots Zoro, "Hey, moss head!" she calls out.

Zoro glances up and immediately a chuckle escapes Eden's mouth. "I can't believe you listen to that name," she laughs.

"Shut up," he mumbles with a small smile. "Can you help me with something?" the girl questions as she walks closer to him. Zoro hums, "Luffy and I thought it would be a good idea to bring some tangerine trees on the ship with us as a surprise for Nami," Eden explains.

"And you need my help with..."

"I need your help with digging the trees out of the ground and placing them onto the ship," Eden states in an obvious tone, "please," she adds with a smile.

Zoro rolls his eyes but stands up regardless making Eden clap her hands together in gratitude. "Okay, so I was thinking like three trees?" she tells him as they make their way into the tangerine grove. 

"Alright," the green-haired man says simply once they stand before a tree. The two of them start digging into the sand with their bare hands, being careful of the roots of the tree. "I'll start on that one," Zoro says pointing to another tree a bit further.

Eden hums at him and continues digging into the ground. Dirt gets stuck behind her nails but she pays no mind to it.

"You need help?" a voice behind the girl asks, Eden blows her hair out of her eyes and looks up at Sanji. "Please," she says before blowing her hair away once more. "Let me," Sanji says as he squats down next to her.

With his still-clean hands, he takes the elastic band out of her hair and gently combs her hair back with his fingers.

"Sit still, sunshine," he tells her, Eden immediately stops moving and lets him put her hair in a ponytail. "Thank you," she smiles, feeling her cheeks heat up as a blush dusts her skin. "What are we doing, exactly?" the blonde asks.

"It's for Nami. So she'll always have a piece of home with her," Eden explains, Sanji nods his head. For a moment Eden forgot about her confession to him, but looking at him now brings back the memory.

Eden quickly averts her gaze to the ground nervously. He still hasn't said anything about it. The girl mentally curses herself for confessing to him. 

"Listen," Sanji starts, Eden's eyes stay on the dirt as she continues digging. "About what you said," he says as if he could read her mind. Eden looks up at him hesitantly, "I'm sorry," he begins.

fuck fuck fuck he hates me.

"I'm sorry I didn't respond immediately when you confessed," he says, "it's fine," the girl reassures him before looking back down. He stays silent for a moment and Eden wishes for nothing more than the ground to swallow her whole.

When the silence lingers for too long Eden looks up at Sanji. He looks at her with amusement written on his face, "Are you nervous, sunshine?" he asks. Eden softly elbows him in his arm when she realizes he's messing with her.

"No," she lies. "Oh, you so are!" Sanji laughs making Eden groan in embarrassment. "Shut up," she mutters, "But, seriously," Sanji speaks up, placing his index finger under the girl's chin to make her look at him.

"I love you, too." 

"Huh?"

"I said I love you too, sunshine," Sanji repeats, placing both his palms on her cheeks. "You're blushing," he observes, Eden rolls her eyes at him but he's right. She is blushing.

Gently Sanji pulls her face closer to him, "Can I kiss you?" he asks. "I don't know... can you?" Eden retorts. Without another word, he places his lips on hers. A small uncontrollable smile spreads on Eden's lips.

Her smile causes him to smile as well. Eden instinctively places a hand on his jaw, making Sanji pull away from her.

Eden opens her eyes to look at him and immediately chuckles at the sight. "You got dirt on me!" Sanji says, humor laced in his voice. "I didn't realize," Eden says between laughs. Sanji digs his hand into the ground and smears some sand on her nose.

"Oh, you're so on!" 

a/n

cuties cuties cuties

also next chapter is the last :(