fourteen

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?

EDEN FALLS INTO STEP WITH SANJI AS THEY WALK BEHIND THE REST OF THE CREW. Sanji glances down at the girl who seems to be deep in thought.

Unbeknownst to him she's thinking about how scared she is. Scared for everyone's lives and scared she's going to lose Sanji. This mission is nothing like anything they've done before and the danger of it makes Eden think about her feelings towards the blonde next to her.

When she feels Sanji's gaze on her she looks up. Sanji squints his eyes at her, noticing the confliction within her.

"What's up?" He asks, worry lacing his voice even though he tries to suppress it.

"I- uh... it's just-" Eden stammers, not sure if confessing her feelings to him is a smart move or not. She's certain he doesn't like her with the amount of times he's made it clear he doesn't care for her but she feels like if she were to die tonight she should get this off her chest.

Sanji raises his eyebrows at her stammering. She's usually not this nervous. Eden shifts her gaze away from him and watches as the crew stops in front of the gates of Arlong Park.

She gulps nervously, "don't worry," Sanji whispers to her. Eden nods her head hesitantly as she takes a deep breath to prepare herself for her next words.

"Sanji," she starts, he looks at her expectantly. "I..." she trails off as nerves consume her body. "Can't you just spit it out?" Sanji questions, a bit impacient. "I'm in love with you, and I just needed to let you know in case something were to happen," she tells him in one breath and she hears smoke bombs go off.

Sanji opens his mouth as if he were to reply but Luffy breaks open the gate- stopping Sanji before he can let a word out. 

The six crew members step into Arlong Park and Eden swallows thickly at what just happened. "Fishmen! Stand by to repel boarders!" 'Lips' orders. Eden cracks her neck as Luffy speaks up, "Where's Arlong?" he asks.

"He's probably in the map room," Nami tells him, "Then that's where we're going," Luffy says nodding to Eden and Nami. 

The three of them walk away from the crew but a hand on Eden's arm stops her. "Stay alive so I can give you a proper answer," Sanji tells her, Eden nods her head at him, "You stay alive too," she says before following after Luffy and Nami.

The three run over a wall next to the pool when a fishman stops Luffy and Eden in their tracks. Zoro runs against the side of the wall and slices the fishman in his side- making him fall into the pool.

"Thanks!" Eden calls out as they continue their way to the map room. "What is this place?" Luffy asks once they set foot into the 'map room'.

"Let's just grab our map and get out of here," Nami speaks up, she rummages through a chest as the other two crew members look around the room. Eden's eyes fall onto a chain on the floor, she can tell Luffy spotted them too as he stops next to her.

"He let me stop wearing them when I was 12," Nami informs them, "He said it was a birthday gift," she adds.

"I'm gonna shove those chains down his throat when I get the chance," Eden says, anger taking over her mind as she pictures a young Nami being chained to the floor. Nami stands up as she gets the map and starts walking towards the exit.

"Come on. Let's go," she says, Eden and Luffy walk with her but a voice stops them. "But you just got here," Arlong says as he stands in the doorway. Eden's eyes fall onto the weapon he's holding and swallows in fear. 

"Welcome to Arlong Park," the fishman says, "Thanks I definitely feel welcomed," Eden says sarcastically before making eye contact with Nami and shrugging her shoulders nervously.

Arlong snarls and walks closer to the three in the middle of the room."Humans have ruled the sea for far too long. Looking down from their ivory towers. Towers built on the backs of fishmen. Your government fear my people, so you forced us into slavery."

"No one should be forced into anything," Luffy says, "Everyone should be free to live as they choose," he adds.

"Save your sympathies, boy," Arlong chimes in, Nami steps back a bit when he walks closer to them- making Eden protectively hold out her arm in front of the other woman. 

"Our abuse and persecution end now. I will lead the fishmen as we mount a revolution for the ages. It's your turn to know humiliation and pain," Arlong spits. "Haven't you done enough?" Nami questions, "I'm just getting started, darling," Arlong says. 

"But, Nami, you... you could have been spared, taking place right by my side. But no, just like the rest of your kind, you betray me. And for what? For this?"

"You were never going to spare me. You told Nezumi about my stash."

"I'm just playing by human rules," Arlong chuckles, "With these maps, I will create a world where the fishmen reign supreme. With knowledge of every Marine base and pirate stronghold, nothing can stop me from taking the East Blue and every other sea after that. Oh yes. And, Nami, it's all thanks to you."

Arlong walks closer to the three in the middle of the room. "Hmm. So tell me, Pirate King..." Arlong taunts before swinging his weapon to Luffy's neck. 

Eden and Nami gasp in shock as Luffy's neck is now trapped between two blades. "Could you have used her so effectively?" Arlong questions, Eden's face hardens with anger at his words. "Use?" Luffy asks, clearly also angry.

The young pirate grips the blade in front of his neck and squeezes it until the weapon snaps in half. Arlong lets out a noise of protest when the weapon clings to the floor. "Nami isn't some tool to be used! She's a person with wants and dreams of her own, and you took those away from her," Luffy yells.

"You're no better than that Axe-Hand guy or that fake butler or anyone else who tries to hurt other people. So I'm gonna kick your ass, just like I did theirs."

Arlong chuckles at Luffy's words. "'Cause no one messes with my friends," Luffy tells him, Arlong takes a threatening step forward. 

"I'll do you the kindness of killing you all together," Arlong growls, "That's so generous of you," Eden deadpans.

"Get out of here, Nami. Eden," Luffy says lowly, "But, Luffy--" Nami starts, "Just go. I got this," Luffy reassures her. "No- what?" Eden protests, "Take her," Luffy instructs Nami and the orange-haired girl does as she's told.

She grabs Eden's arm and runs forward. "Think you can escape me, Nami?" Arlong questions as he charges toward the two girls. Luffy punches the fishman in his shoulder- distracting him from the girls.

Nami and Eden run out of the building. Both of them look back praying that Luffy will be okay.