Chapter 11: Clash of Fates in the Underground Abyss

Начните с самого начала

Though all her limbs were supposedly confined, her left arm oddly hung free, blood dripping from it.
"You scraped your own flesh and dislocated your finger...?!"

The restraints confining her were not ordinary chains; instead, they were enchanted chains designed to suppress magic. In essence, Claire relied on sheer force to scrape away her own flesh, shatter her finger bones, and thereby liberate her arm from the magical restraint. This enabled her to strike Olba.

Olba was profoundly taken aback by this revelation.

Claire now was ragging as she looked at him

"If any harm befalls him, I won't forgive you! I'll eliminate you, your dear ones, your family, your friends, and everyone else significant to you...?"

A forceful blow from Olba's full power connected with Claire's abdomen. Trapped by the magic-sealing chains, Claire had no means to dodge Olba's magic-enhanced strike. "You insolent brat!"

With disdain, Olba spat on Claire's crumpled form. The blood seeping from Claire's left hand formed a dark red stain on the ground.

Unperturbed, Olba reached for the blood, saying, "No matter. You should now comprehend..." At that moment, a breathless soldier burst into the room, exclaiming, "Olba-sama, it's terrible! We have intruders!"

"Intruders?! How many?!"

"Unknown! They seem to be few in numbers, but we are being completely overrun!"

"Very well, I'll go out myself! You lot fall back and set up a defensive formation!" After a disdainful click of his tongue, Olba turned around.

Upon Olba's arrival at the frontline, the entire vicinity had already succumbed to a grim saturation of blood. The defenders of this strategically vital facility were formidable, some even possessing the strength to be part of the esteemed Imperial Guards. Yet, the scene before Olba puzzled him.

"How did this transpire?"

Within the underground hall, where light infiltrated from a lone source, a ghastly pile of corpses emerged. Each life had been extinguished by a solitary sword strike, highlighting an overwhelming power discrepancy.

 Each life had been extinguished by a solitary sword strike, highlighting an overwhelming power discrepancy