Chapter 12: Shadows Converge

Start from the beginning

The cloaked figure, revealed as Kirito in disguise, met Alpha's gaze through the black fox mask. With a fluid motion, he unsheathed his Elucidator, the blade gleaming as he got into a poised stance.

"Then, we need to dance," Kirito proclaimed, a confident smirk beneath the mask. His eyes sparkled with a hint of mischief as he infused his Elucidator with magic. "But by my tune."

Alpha's voice resonated with unwavering confidence, "Dark Swordsman, if you seek to impede our mission, prepare yourself." She smoothly transitioned into a battle stance, her obsidian sword gleaming ominously.

"Come forth, and let the shadows bear witness to our clash!" Alpha shouted, her eyes locked onto Kirito behind the black fox mask.

In an instant, Kirito appeared before her with a speed that defied comprehension. Alpha, momentarily taken aback, considered whether he had teleported. However, as the pressure in the air lingered, she realized that his incredible speed surpassed any conventional explanation.

"Fast," Alpha muttered to herself, the realization settling in. "This man isn't teleporting; he's just unbelievably fast."

With a powerful swing, Kirito brought his sword down, creating a forceful gust as it descended. Alpha, anticipating the strike, raised her obsidian sword to block. However, Kirito's move was a clever feint.

Swiftly changing his attack, Kirito manoeuvred to the side, launching a rapid series of strikes. Alpha, caught off guard by the unexpected shift, managed to block the onslaught, but the force behind Kirito's blows pushed her backwards.

The clash of their swords echoed through the chamber, a symphony of metal meeting magic. Alpha, now a few steps away, regained her composure, her eyes fixed on Kirito behind the black fox mask.

"I don't recognize your swordsmanship. I've never seen this style before," Alpha stated, her eyes narrowing as she confronted Kirito.

Kirito, behind the black fox mask, grinned confidently. "It's a style of my own creation. Crafted through experience and honed in the crucible of countless battles."

Alpha, in her mind, was surprised. The only person she had witnessed with unique swordsmanship was Cid, and this person before her exhibited a similar prowess. She wondered if Kirito was as formidable as Cid.

Collecting her thoughts, Alpha said to herself, "There isn't a single person who could be an equal to Lord Shadow."

Alpha focused her magical energy, channelling it into her obsidian sword. With a swift motion, she lunged at Kirito, the blade gleaming with a dark aura as it aimed for its target.

As the sword neared Kirito, Alpha released a surge of concentrated magic, enhancing the slash's power. The impact echoed through the chamber, and a powerful shockwave erupted, shattering the surroundings. Debris flew in all directions as the force of Alpha's attack wreaked havoc.

Standing amidst the destruction, Alpha's silhouette was obscured by the settling dust and debris. She scanned the aftermath, her eyes searching for any sign of the person behind the black fox mask.

The other girls observed the intense battle between Alpha and Kirito from a distance, their expressions a mix of surprise and curiosity. Delta, with her claws, remarked, "This is getting interesting. Delta can't just stand here; Delta wants to join the fray."

Epsilon, with a thoughtful expression, noted, "It's rare to see Alpha deliver such a powerful blow without thoroughly assessing her opponent first."

Zeta, glancing at Epsilon, added, "Alpha isn't reckless. She's completely aware of her opponent's capabilities. Now, she's taking the measures to deal with the Dark Swordsman."