[PREVIEW] Chapter One

Last night, I made out with a masked man. I don't know how it happened. I was lying on my back on the trampoline in my best friend Caleb's backyard. Blood pumping with vodka and soda. Spooky music bumping on the speakers. Orange lanterns and paper ghosts on strings swaying in the gentle night. The sky was clear black, stars littered all across it, but my head wasn't so clear. I should've been enjoying the party, my best friend's final day as a student before he became the new music teacher, god forbid.

Instead, I was in awe of something bigger. Maybe I was finally feeling the zombie edibles we shared before people started pouring in, but I suddenly realized how small everything was. All my fake problems. All my fake concerns about judgment and identity. How, really, we're all the same. All connected. All one. And yet, we make ourselves so lonely with all our rules for who we are and who we're supposed to be. We concern ourselves with all sorts of pointless shit, when what we should be doing is embracing each other.

So when I started to sink into the bouncy trampoline fabric and found myself pinned beneath a stranger's solid weight, I didn't push back. Behind his skull balaclava peered beautiful dark eyes. Deep, intense, knowing. I knew he was probably a fellow student. Someone I had classes with. I knew he was a guy. But for whatever reason, I didn't care about any of that. For the first time, I wasn't going to concern myself with who I was "supposed" to be.

"Lonely?" he said, his voice rough like gravel.

"Keep me company?" I slid my leather boot up his bloody, ripped jeans. My body was screaming at me. Grab him. Kiss him. Maybe he saw the yearning for connection in my eyes. Maybe it was lust. A low growl rumbled from him as he pushed his mask up and locked his mouth over mine. The predatory sound froze me in place beneath his behemoth frame. I wanted him to rip my jeans down my ass and take me right there, other partygoers be damned. But I hear you need prep your first time.

So we kissed. It felt like hours of raw, animal heat. But it ended without a conclusion. He disappeared like a ghost in the night, leaving my nerves buzzing and my cock throbbing on top of that trampoline. Caleb found me not long after and drove me home. I must have looked wild eyed and crazy, barely focusing on the conversation. All I could think about was getting home to my lotion-slick hand.

I've never been interested in guys before. But after last night, I can't get him off my mind. His warm tongue. His prickly cheeks. Rough, bruising touch. His hard bulge grinding against mine. I want to meet him again. Kiss him again.

And I think I still want him to fuck me stupid.

[FREE on KU] My Best Friend: The House Party by Blue Pierce

amazon.com/dp/B0BL1CHVPY