blizzard blue <3

if you spend all your time chasing butterflies they will fly away,however,if you spend your time building a beautiful garden the butterflies will come to youand if they don't,at least you'll have a garden to be happy with

however,
if you spend your time building a beautiful garden the butterflies will come to you
and if they don't,
at least you'll have a garden to be happy with.

-unknown writer

a few days later and azure wanted to keep her head up. she had been avoiding everyone as best as she could; taking her food to go, pretending to be asleep till everyone else was, having showers at midnight, turning up to training exactly on time. apart from apologising to four and them doing training together she hadn't spoken to anyone in a week.

today was the day they would take their final tests, the day everyone dreaded. azure just hoped she'd make the cut. the first thing she opted to do was speak to tris.

she got up and started to brush her teeth. her face didn't have as dark as circles under her eyes, her face had filled out just a little bit. she was still very pale but that was the lack of sunlight. her hair looked a little shinier and she all round just looked a little healthier. she even felt small twitches at her mouth from the improvement. 

"i'm getting there berty, just for you"

she walked to breakfast with her head as high as she could muster, she was still exhausted from all the training even with the new healthier her. she walked over to the table not going for her usual grab of food.

"erm tris can i speak you please"

"go ahead"

"in private i mean." she tried a small smile but it came out in a more grimace.

"oh yeah of course." tris got up and they walked to a desolated corridor the lights just bright enough to outline every feature on the girls.

"i don't know how to say this but please just try to listen with no interruptions." she waited for tris to nod then proceeded. " i don't agree with what he did to you, bert- i mean Al. and i understand if you never forgive him but i'll never forgive myself if i don't pass this on from him. he gave me a note, well he wrote me one for his passing. it was in his jacket with my name on it. erm, in it he spoke about you and well you can read it if you want."

"i think you better summarise it, i doubt i'll be able to bring myself to read it."

"well, okay. he doesn't want you to feel at all guilty about the day he, well uhm....passed. he wanted me to tell you it's not your fault in the slightest in the way you spoke to him. it wouldn't of mattered what you did he would have had the same outcome. he was so terrified of being factionless, he saw no other way out. and well he really liked you, he called you smart and funny and kind and well sarcastic. but don't worry in a good way. he just let his fear take over and he didn't know what came over him. again i'm not making excuses for him i just don't want to except he might of actually killed you.