~*chapter #5 : cigarettes*~

"oh ,  man..." Paul said sadly 1 night. he was watching that damn Christmas video once again. Karla wondered if he whold ever get over it. this really showed just how obsessed he was wit her. even Karla was over it by now , and she was her big sister ! months had passed...and now he was showing the video to nick. "you did everything that you chold  , pal." nick said awkwardly. "hey ,  buck up buddy. we'll get you through this , ok ?" "yeah..." "ill tell you what you needa do , you've gotten to get back on your feet." nick explained. "I've gotten a proposition for you. you need cash , right ?" "yeah." Paul sat up , curious. "well , I needa partner." "what are you talking about?" "smuggling cigarettes. its good for , I don't know , 3 or 4000 dollers a month." "whaaaat!? alright , go on buddy. I think that I might be interested." it didn't bother Karla that this was illegal becuse the money was great. for the 1st time , her and Paul chold make their own plans , but it was a little scary.

1 night , nick and Paul were crossing the border to go into the united states. "you can go." 1 of the border patrol men said to them. nick made sure in his rearview mirror that the border patrol had moved on to the next car before him and Paul said , "woo hoo !" "put her here , bro !" Paul exclaimed holding up his hand for Paul to give him a high 5. Paul did so. "I cant believe that !" he yelled happily. 

him and nick started making runs across the border a couple times a month. Paul used the money to rent him and Karla a beautiful home in port de Lucie.