Luke - Cheater cheater boyfriend eater (pt. 2)

Summary: After sleeping with him, even though you're both involved, your friendship with Luke becomes complicated, and you try to navigate your way out of the mess, while simultaneously trying to get a hold over your feelings. 

Warnings: Fluff, angst/ slow-burn, mature language, smut, slight praise kink, softdomluke (and my crappy writing tee hee)

...

As if deciding to match her inner chaos, the weather mercilessly deteriorated over the course of the week. 

Luke was the only thing residing in her mind, and as y/n shuts her laptop, signaling the end of work for the day, she lets out a grunt of dismay. 

Both Michael and Ashton had tried to pry her away from the solitude she'd inflicted upon herself, but to no avail. 

Michael tried countless of times to extract information, regarding her sudden emotional downfall, but she was as cryptic as they come. She wouldn't tell them why she's suddenly refusing to leave home, or why she decided to stop seeing Tom. 

Eventually, both he and Ashton left her to her own devices. 

She decided the best way to work through this, would be from the safe bounds of her house. Which is another way of saying she's terrified to face Luke. 

As the night progresses, she takes Milo for a short walk, cooks herself some dinner before putting on a crime documentary, to chatter in the background, as she occupies herself with her phone. 

An incoming call from Calum has her raising her eyebrows in slight wonder, since he rarely calls her. They're not all that close, and their communication occurs solely through texts. 

"Hey, Cal." she muses, mustering all the pleasantry she can. 

"Hey, y/n. How are you?" he asks, polite as always. 
She smiles lightly at that. 

"I'm good, cuddling with Milo, you?"  

"Same here with Duke. Listen, we're all looking for Luke. No one has heard from him. Have you talked to him?" Calum cuts right through the chase. 

"No." she stammers, inwardly cursing herself for being this unraveled at a simple mention of his name. 

"Y/n." Calum trails, causing for the breath to hitch in the back of her throat. "He told me, I know. I don't really know what's going on between you two. I just want to make sure he's okay." he reveals, her heart rate suddenly picking up. 

"Of course he did." she mutters- he tells Calum everything. 

"Is he there?" Calum presses. 

Exhaling deeply, she says, "I haven't talked to him since it happened, Cal. I don't know where he is. Maybe, uh, maybe try Claire?" she clears her throat, as if the mere action of saying her name out loud is causing her discomfort.

Maybe it does. 

"I did, she hasn't seen him in a couple of days." he discloses. 

"I don't know, Cal. I'm sorry. Just, uh, can you text me, when you find him? Let me know that he's okay?" her voice is low and timid. 

Calum smiles to himself slightly, clearly discerning how much she cares about Luke, but doesn't want to portray as such. 

"I will. Take care. Say hi to Milo from Duke." he muses and she chuckles before they hang up. 

Several hours later, when it's well past midnight, she's still on the couch, watching a mediocre action movie that was playing on one of the channels.