Calum - Hot for roommate

Summary: You and Calum have been living together for a while now, after deciding it'd be cost efficient to find a roommate. Ashton pointed out that Calum is bound to be without a home, since his landlord won't be renewing his lease. Without thinking about it too much, you offered him your spare room, ignoring the fact that you like him, and how that could potentially complicate your life.

Warnings: slow burn, jealousy, dirty talk, smut, overall fluff & cute

...

Another set of mewling profanities has y/n covering her head with her pillow, just a few minutes after midnight. Shutting her eyes tightly, she wonders how much longer this is going to last. Calum's companion of the night is particularly vocal, something that can make y/n's eye twitch in irritation.

Moments later, and after having heard things she wishes she never did, all noises cease. She is free to start trying falling asleep once again.

Calum's throaty chuckle transfers through the not-so-thick walls of their condo, making her grunt in dismay and exasperation. She was so eager, giddy even, to have him as a roommate, that she didn't even stop to think about occurrences like this one.

Hearing another woman's moans in the middle of the night.

Each time he came home after a night out, y/n trembled with anxiety and anticipation as to what her ears would have to endure. She's thought about communicating this to him, but ultimately was gravely shy to do so. The mere idea of talking about him and his dates having sex, makes her stomach churn in an unpleasant way.

Instead, she opts to tolerate it each time it happens, ignoring the fire burning inside of her. The fire caused by the insatiable need to be the one under Calum's touch instead.

The fire she feels in her, whenever he gets a little too close.

Whenever he bursts in the bathroom to grab his toothbrush as he hurries to get ready for work, and she's only in a towel.

Whenever he falls asleep with his head on her lap.

Whenever he teases her about something she's shy about.

She likes Calum- she's accepted that a while ago, there was no point in denying it and lying to herself.

Liking a person is part of life. Willingly asking them to be your roommate, borders on masochism she's come to realize.

Y/n regrets making that deal, whenever one of his dates screams out because of the pleasure he's giving them.

Whenever she has to face these women in the kitchen, making small talk and having to pretend like the situation is not bothering her.

A mature adult would ask Calum to start looking for another place and hope that their friendship stays okay, but y/n is a people-pleaser with terrible anxiety. So, she's patient- and a frequent earplug user.

The next morning comes, and as the first sun rays burst through the kitchen window, y/n is setting her mug on the table with one hand, as she rubs her temple with the other.

"Are you okay?" Calum chuckles as he saunters into the room with messy hair and marks all over the left side of his neck. She wonders why he's up so early, but remembers he is working the morning shift. The front door of the house shuts with a light thud, signaling the exit of his date.

"M'good." she utters, avoiding his stare as a way to also avoid the bites on his skin.

"Rough night?" he insists and she suppresses a sigh. The sudden irritation is new. She has always treated this with patience, but at the moment, she wants to punch a wall. Maybe it's because she didn't sleep well or a lot.