CH 14. The Unforseen

Start from the beginning

Towards the right of Arcane Fortress was a bridge that led to another majestic Castle made of white marble stone, also known as the "Shadow Myst Academy" from where Chanyeol graduated.

Towards the left was a castle which was made of Red stone. Compared to the two Castles this one was a highly secured area. They say once you enter this place you will only return after being dead. This castle was known as the "Dreadfort stronghold" ,a Dungeon where criminals are held and punished. This place is strictly under the Lycans and only the elder Werewolves have the authority to command them.

A woman adorned in full white robe greets them with an Umbrella in her hand as she covers Chanyeol with it as he steps out of the Car.

The security all over Aurora has gotten stricter and stronger after the attack by the Vampire's.

Chanyeol is led through the Long corridors and Hallways before he is given a room of his own. Before he could enter the room he heard sounds of metal clanging against each other.

Taking a peak outside he roamed
his eyes around to halt at a small figure surrounding by ten warriors. To find a small child in shackles made Chanyeol frozen in place. The iron shackles placed on his legs clanked against the ground as he walked with steady steps.

Chanyeol's shoulder slumped tensly as soon as the child looked up straight towards him. His lips pulled into a thin line, as he gave Chanyeol a single lazy glance before looking away.

Chanyeol blankly stood there as if he didn't know how he should react to that. He was sure Aurora has never done so much to have a child walk in shackles.

"That kid?" He asked the woman who brought him here. Her dark gaze met Chanyeol before turning to look at the kid who was being taken.

A frown appeared on her lips as she realised whom Chanyeol was asking about. "Oh, A few hours ago, the wood creek pack was wiped out. This Vampire kid was found covered in blood and unconscious at the borders. It's being said that he was the culprit behind the massacre"

Chanyeol's brows furrowed at her words. "That child is barely nine. Do everyone really believe that he can kill a pack which has more than five hundred people?

The woman silently bowed to him, "I can't give you a clear answer to that Alpha as he is yet to be proven innocent"

Before Chanyeol could ask further, the woman handed him a yellow colour pastry wrapped in a decorative paper.

"The children at Orphanage has requested me to hand this over to you. They have prepared this to welcome you"

Chanyeol took the pastry before taking a bite out of it. It was sweet with the taste of honey entering his taste buds.

The woman smiled politely before bowing towards him. "The meeting was postponed until late tonight. So please have a rest. We will take our leave now"

The woman and her guards left him there before his own guards stood there to wait for his orders.

Chanyeol folded the decorative wrapper before tucking it inside his side pocket.

Right now he was more worried about that Kid. Dreadfort stronghold wasn't a simple dungeon. And in there,a child won't even survive for a day. Chanyeol wasn't even done with his previous problems and now he was facing another dilemma again.

He didn't enter his room instead turned left before making his way down the corridor. He must take a look at that kid.

Ignoring the looks he got on his way, he found the head warrior speaking to the other warriors surrounding the kid. As Chanyeol was closer he could smell blood as if someone has just taken a bath in it. Might be the kid who was shackled.