Fifteen

Genevieve

"Knock, knock."

I look up to see Mommy standing in the doorway of Daddy's office. I give her a big smile as I fight the urge to jump up and run into her arms. Daddy's office is mostly windows and I can't let everyone outside this office see me tripping over myself to get to her. They would for sure talk and maybe even make fun of me.

"Hello, darling." Daddy gets up and makes his way to Mommy for a kiss as he takes the takeout bag from her hand. It's definitely burrito bowls from mine and Daddy's favourite place. I have to stop myself from doing a happy dance.

"Hi Mommy." I say when Daddy closes his door.

"Hello my baby." Mommy leans down to kiss my cheek when Daddy walks to his chair and starts handing out food.

"What are you two up to today?" Mommy takes the seat beside me and crosses her legs. Her skirt rides up her thigh and I have to tare my eyes away from her creamy skin.

"Getting ready for my latest case. We have opening arguments tomorrow and Genny here is going to attend."

"You are? That's exciting, honey." Mommy touches my knee before Daddy hands her lunch over and she takes it.

"My first one." I whisper a thank you to Daddy as I take my lunch. Yummy.

"What are you doing here, my love? Not that we aren't happy to see you." Daddy smiles at her as we all start eating.

"You're more excited to see the food." Mommy rolls her eyes making me giggle. She winks at me and my cheeks flush. "I thought you might be skipping lunch and that's not going to work for me. I figured you wouldn't object if I brought your favourite." Mommy winks at Daddy but my jaw drops.

"How did you know we were skipping lunch?" I whisper.

"Because you both left the lunches I packed in the fridge." Mommy blows me a kiss, making me blush again.

"Well you're a fabulous surprise, my love."

I nod my head since my mouth is full and I don't want to be scolded.

***

I leave Henry's office later in the afternoon to make some copies for him. After Isla left I'm definitely feeling better and more in control of my headspace. It was weird to see her and have to resist the drop.

I'm walking by the break room when I hear someone say something that has me stopping in my tracks.

"I honestly don't get it. Who would pick Genevieve over me?"

I stop just out of sight. I know eavesdropping is wrong but so it talking behind someone's back. Mommy would argue that two wrongs don't make a right, but she isn't here to scold me.

"I don't know, Marissa. But did you see them today? He had lunch with her and his wife! Who does that? You don't have your side piece sit in on your lunch date with your wife!" Josh hissed.

"I saw. I mean at least I would insist on being discreet. They're going to get caught and I'm going to laugh so hard when her ass gets fired." Marissa snears.

"Have you seen his wife?" Josh whistles, "She's a fucking babe. I saw her at the Christmas party last year and there is just something about a red head. And her rack? Amazing."

"I think she got a boob job. They look bigger since the Christmas party. She's obviously trying to keep Henry interested." I can almost hear the eye roll as Marissa speaks.

I cover my mouth and head back to Daddy's office. Daddy takes one look at my face and he's on his feet and coming to me quickly.

"What happened, honey?" Daddy pries my hands away from my face and I break out in giggles.

"They think Mommy has her boobies done."

"What?" Daddy relaxes when he sees I'm not crying.

"They, they think Mama had a boobie job." I start laughing harder.

"Do they really?" Daddy laughs too before sitting in his chair in the corner and pulling me into his lap. This is the only spot in his office that you can't see from the hallway outside. "Who's they, princess?"

"Ma'issa and 'osh." I cover my mouth again as I lean into Daddy.

"Well, we know that's not true." I nod my head as I lean it on his chest. "What else did they say?"

"That Mama is a babe. They said some bad words, Daddy." I sit up and turn to look at him, "I not say it."

"Good job, baby. What do you say we head home early today and make Mama some dinner?"

"Yes!" I throw my hands up and cheer.

"Okay, you have to walk though."

I pout but nod, "Okay, Daddy."

Daddy stands up and sets me on my feet. He tidies his desk and fills his briefcase while I spin in place and hum to myself.

"Alright, ready Angel?" I nod my head and follow him out as he locks his office door.

"Can we have nachos?" I look up at Daddy and he gives me a soft smile.

"Is that your favourite or Mama's?" He asks quietly.

I think hard for a moment, "Well, mine but Mama loves me so she will want some."

Daddy laughs, "I love the logic, honey."

As Daddy and I get on the elevator, I turn to see Marissa and Josh walking past. The look on their faces is funny so I giggle and finger wave at them. I hear Daddy choke and when I look up he's covering a smile with his hand.

What's funny?

Author's Note:

I'm fully aware that not everyone is going to like my stories. These started out being written for me and then I thought some people might enjoy them but there is always people out there who have to suck the joy out of everything. If you don't like my story you can remove it from your list and kindly F off. I don't need you in my comments or my dm's telling me my stories are the worst you've read. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I never asked for yours and I honestly dgaf. Any negative comments will get removed and you will be blocked. I'm tired of coming on this app to negativity. It makes me not want to write at all and honestly I have enough depression as it is ✌🏻

Thank you to my followers and readers who come back no matter how long it's been. Thank you to the kind people reaching out to see if I'm okay. Thank you to the people who leave kind messages and comments. You're the real rockstars.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. ❤️