Seven

Isla

I am so excited to show Genny her little room.

We all talked about it, and Genny will stay in our master bedroom when she's out of headspace. I think we're all looking forward to moving our relationship forward, with both little Genny and Genevieve.

Plus I got to redo the closet.

I sip my coffee at the island while staring at nothing. My mind is going a million miles a minute at the moment. Genny is done with her semester of school and has graduation soon. She hasn't asked us to go, but this is fairly new and I'm not sure how much her parents know. I know Scarlett doesn't have much to do with her family, but I don't know how much Genny does. These are all probably things that we should talk about.

"Okay, I'm out of here. I love you babe." Henry kisses my cheek, running his hand down my back to rest on my ass. I smile, setting down my coffee cup. Henry is going on his annual golf retreat with some of the partners at his law firm meaning it's time for a girls weekend.

"Have fun, babe." I reach up and cup his jaw, going up on my toes for a real kiss. We get lost in each other, all tongues and lips and hands.

"Isla. You're killing me." Henry groans as he pushes his hips into my stomach so I can feel how much he wants me. I go to jump on the counter, just as the doorbell rings.

"Kids are such cock blockers." Henry chuckles as he takes a step back and adjusts himself. I make sure to brush by him when I go to open the door, "You're evil."

I wink over my shoulder at him as he follows me. I open the door with a huge smile on my face, greeting Camden, Briella and Genny.

"Hi ladies!" I smile at Camden and give Briella a little wave before pulling Genny into my arms and hugging her tight. "I missed you, so much honey." I kiss her head as she buries her face in my chest with her arms wrapped around my waist.

"Missed you, Mommy." Is her muffled reply.

"Give Daddy hugs before he leaves." I whisper into her hair. She reluctantly lets me go and rushes to Henry who picks her up and holds her in a bear hug.

"Are you sure this is okay? We can go another time." Camden bounces Briella slightly in her arms.

"It's fine. We'll have a girls night." I wink at Bri and she giggles with her fingers in her mouth.

"She's been hovering around 3. Scar- umm." Camden coughs and tilts her head to Briella who watches her Mommy closely. "There's bottles made in her bag, she has a p-a-c-i in her bag if she really needs it and her stuffie. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call. S-my wife isn't drinking tonight so we can come get her if we need to. I really don't want to go, but it is for a good cause." She blows out a breath.

"Charities usually are." I chuckle. It's time for the hospital that Camden works at to have their annual charity event. I know the only reason she doesn't want to go is because Bri is just getting over a bad cold and she's worried. "We'll be fine here. I promise." I reach out expectantly and wait for her to kiss Briella's cheek and give her another squeeze. Surprisingly, she comes to be fairly easily.

"Bye princess. You be good for Miss Kelly."

I hold back a sigh at the nickname. It doesn't bother me but as I turn to my little girl, still in her Daddy's arms I see her scowl. She loves my real name; Isla.

Briella and I wave at the door until Camden backs out of the driveway before turning to my husband and Genny.

"I really have to go, babe." Henry stares at me, and it's then I notice the death grip Genny has on his jacket.

"Come here, honey." I hold back my laugh as I lean up to kiss Henry's jaw and Genny's cheek, "I have a few surprises for you today." I give her an Eskimo kiss and take a step towards to stairs.

"Wha?" Genny's little feet slap the floor as she follows me, having ditched her flip flops at the door. I wink over my shoulder at Henry as he sneaks out the front door.

"We have to see!" I say with excitement. Briella sucks on her fingers as I carry her awkwardly. She is smaller than Genny but I'm not as tall as her caregivers, nor am I strong. By the time we make it to Genny's little room, I'm ready to set her down. I open the door and my eyes are glued to Genny. Her blue eyes widen and she gasps as she takes in her new room.

Three walls are painted a light grey, with an accent wall in pale pink. Genevieve is scrawled across the accent wall in a pretty script. Genny's double bed is custom made; pushed against one wall with a built in bed rail and thick pink comforter. There is a huge rocking recliner chair in her custom reading nook that will fit Genny and at least one of us with her. Cubbies and toy boxes are filled to the brim throughout the room. I even managed to get some toys in here for younger headspace, which I said would be perfect for Bri when they play together.

The girls run into the room; Briella a little uncoordinatedly, and try to take it in all at once. I stand in the doorway with a grin on my face. I hoped she would love it this much. Genny's smile makes everything worth it.

My girl turns and runs to me, burying her face in my chest, "Thank you, Mommy! I loves it!" I hug her back just as tight.

"You're very welcome, honey. I love you."

Genny looks up at me and before I can panic because I don't know if she thinks it's too soon to say that; she puckers her lips at me. With a chuckle, I lean down an peck her lips.

"I love you too, Mommy."

Genny runs off to her toys and starts playing with Bri.

***

"Mommy! Are the cookies done?" Genny bounces into the kitchen. I can still hear the Disney movie I put on for the girls playing in the living room.

"Almost. Remember, baths and then bed after cookies okay?" I have zero faith in getting them to bed on schedule tonight but a Mommy can dream.

"Okay, Mommy." Genny tries to peak in the oven to see what he cookies.

"No ma'am. You don't touch the oven please." I gently grab her hand and lead her to the fridge. "Pick a cup for your milk honey." I point at the drawer we keep all Genny's plastic cups and things in. She picks a frozen cup and a tangled cup.

"For Bri." She points to the tangled one. My heart soars for my girl.

"Bri is too little, sweetness. She has a bottle with her Mama's milk." I take a bottle out of the fridge and start to warm it up. Genny tilts her head and scrunches her nose in confusion.

I take the drinks and plate to the living room and set them on the coffee table. Briella doesn't even look up from the tv as her lips move with the voices on the movie.

The girls dig into their cookies and we finish the movie. I chuckle at their drooping eyes as I grab Bri's bottle and lead them upstairs. Briella makes it half way before I have to pick her up.

"Mama? Mommy?" She asks me while rubbing her eyes.

"You'll see them in the morning, sweetie. You get to have a big girl sleepover with Genny." I try to put some excitement into my voice as she lays her head on my shoulder. She's too precious.

After getting ready for bed. Genny rushes to the rocking chair and sits to one side while I take the other. I cradle Bri in my lap and hold the bottle to her lips. She fusses at first, but settles in once the nipple is in her mouth and she tastes her Mama's milk.

I glance over at Genny, who is watching with a lot of interest. Huh.

"Do you want to hold the bottle, honey?"

Genny shakes her head, but continues to watch as Briella falls asleep. As soon as her bottle is done, I place Bri on the wall side of Genny's bed before snuggling my girl in the rocking chair for a story. Genny nuzzles into me as I read her The Boy in the Drawer until she's bobbing her head.

"Time to sleep, baby." I kiss her forehead and help her into bed.

"Night Mommy. I love you." My heart is beating out of my chest. I love her so much.

"I love you too, honey." I give her another kiss before heading to my room to call Henry.