Book Highlight: Forestvale Manor

Author : tonyatwraxall

1. What would be alternative titles for you book looking in as a reader?

The Glouminster Mysteries 1 (Forestvale Manor is part of a trilogy)

2. What chapter is your favorite in terms of the most fun to write and the most important to the book

It's hard to decide on a chapter. I actually enjoyed writing them all. Perhaps chapter fifty-seven, The Cave of the Ancestors, is very important because it marks a before and after in the story.

3. What do you think is a plotline/writing method which sets your book apart?

I think something that sets Forestvale Manor apart from other books is the development of Ryan, the villain.As for writing methods, I first write a script for the chapter and then I develop each scene, with descriptions and dialogues.

4. What do you think readers tend to overlook that you wish more attention was given to, with regards to your book and otherwise.

I like to leave "clues" of what will happen in previous chapters. Sometimes readers are very surprised by the development of the plot but in reality, I had left quite clear clues as to where the story could go.In any case, I like readers to be surprised. :)

5. What do you want readers to take away from reading your book?

If there is any "message" that it can have, it is: Life is complicated and chaotic but love can work miracles. :)

6. Characters that you most resonate with

Mia, the protagonist.She is a curious girl, who likes paranormal stories, and haunted houses... She is pure emotion, and idealistic (until reality hits her).She gets along well with her parents, she is not worried about not having a partner until after high school. She is bisexual. She is attracted to men older than her...

Of course, I don't go crazy for love... :D

Xena would be the next character with whom I would identify in the sense of having been in love with a female friend without her knowing it until a long time later...

7. If your book is ongoing or if you are planning for a sequel, how much does the reader input affect your plot direction regarding characters

Forestvale Manor is part of a trilogy.I already posted its sequel DAGON MANSION on Wattpad.Now I am already posting the third part SCARLETT.I am very clear about what I want to write and I like to write my book the way I want, but on some occasions, I added a character at the suggestion of a reader.

8. Do you think your book works better as a binge read or a chapter wise read or all the same

A binge read, of course.  

9. Other than your current book, if you were to branch out, what genre would be the first in mind?

A whodunit. I've always loved that genre.

10. How would you pitch your story to a new reader

It is the story of Mia, a girl who, upon entering Forestvale Manor, the mysterious haunted house, changes her life forever.She will find love, passion, and desire. The Darkness will envelop her. Will she be able to get out of that Darkness and find the Light?

Thanks for the interview experience :)