Chapter 20

After 5 years

Vidhi's POV

I have been searching for a job for the past few hours and not a single person accepted my resume.

"Sweetie, we want to talk to you" mom shouted from downstairs

"Ya mom coming"

I reached downstairs and saw them sitting on the sofa waiting for me

"Sweetie, there is the wedding of your father's friend's daughter Riya. We have to attend it. Please come with us"

"What, you called me for this?"

"No, I'm not coming"

"Please sweetie, for the past five years you haven't gone anywhere. You are completely changed. Once you were bubbly and always get excited about going to weddings. Now you are denying"

"Please, don't force me I don't wanna go. Y'all go"

"Please sweetie, for us" she showed me puppy eyes

"Okay"

"Thankyou sweetheart" she hugged me

"Now, go and get ready. We are leaving in an hour"

"Okay"

I got ready, I was wearing a black anarkali suit with silver heels. My hair was straightened and I applied a little makeup, and we moved towards the wedding venue.

The decorations are nice, everything is beautiful. I went towards a juice counter when suddenly my parents called me to come on stage to congratulate the bride and groom.

"Hi, Vidhi how are you? Long time no see?" We hugged each other

"I'm good. I was busy with my schedule. How are you Riya?"

"I'm awesome,meet Rishabh my fiance"
We shook hands

"Well congratulations both of you, I am delighted for you guys"

"Thank you, wait Vidhi I want you to meet my cousin brother"

"Oh okay"

She called someone, and when he got onto the stage, I was shocked to see the person. He was also shocked for a moment, but he masked it up with his smile. We made eye contact but, I was the one who broke it first.

"Vidhi, meet Ishaan my cousin brother"

"Hi, Vidhi nice to see you AGAIN" he said smirking

"AGAIN means?"

"We both were in the same college years ago, right Vidhi?" he looked at me intensely

"Y..a.. we.. bo..th were in the sa..me c..ollege" omg why am I shuttering so much.

We both shook our hands, then without any conversation, I left the stage. He went to Mumbai years ago, why he is here now? Multiple questions was arising in my mind when suddenly my mom called me

"Sweetie, let's go"

"Ya mum coming"

"Did you eat anything?"

"Yes, mom" I lied because I would rather not stress mom.

"Okay"

We arrived at our house. The whole way I was thinking, Why is he here? What does he want? What happened to him? Is he alright? In past years, I tried to message and call him multiple times but he didn't respond to any of these. I guess he just doesn't want me in his life.

From the time he left, I felt so lonely. There was no one to whom I could share my secrets with, because I quarrelled with everyone. and now all my friends hate me. Whenever I walk past them, they always ignore me and treat me like I am nobody to them. Every so often this is so frustrating that, because of your one mistake, everything goes wrong. I was stupid at that time, I loved him but I didn't realize it. Remembering all those things, I slipped into my bed and fell into a deep slumber.