Chapter 9

I was driving my car, after I escorted her to her home. I was thinking about the dance, when we were looking at each other intensely. Not only that but I was mesmerized by her beauty. Then we heard applause, that's when we realized that we won. She hugged me excitedly, and for a moment,I was frozen for a couple of seconds, trying to realize that she just hugged me. My happiness was on the 9th cloud, and I reciprocated the hug.

And after the distribution of awards we said goodbye to our friends and got into our car. I said, I never had this much fun in my entire life, she agreed. The drive was silent, when she opened the car window her hair  flowed in the direction of the wind. She was enjoying the whole ride. I took glances at her through my rearview mirror, she was so happy. It made me happy too.

After I reached home, I went directly to bed because I was tired and drifted off to sleep.

Today was Sunday. I woke up early and went for a jog. After coming back, I ate breakfast and started doing my assignments.

"Beta, Ishu I'm going to market, I'll be back in an hour, take care of Dadi" Mom said from downstairs.

"Okay, Mom" I said.

"Dadi if you need anything, just call my name I'll be here to your help"

"Okay, Beta" she said and kissed my forehead.

After two hours, I was done with my assignments and checked the clock. It was 1 pm. Mom said she would be back in one hour, but it had been two hours. I'm getting tense. I thought about calling her. When I called her, she didn't answer the call. I rang it twice, but she didn't pick up. I was getting even more tense. Then, I heard the doorbell ring.

I opened the door, and saw Mom with another lady. Her face was not visible to me because, I was looking at my mother, who had a bandage on her head and hands .

"Mom what happened to you? Are you alright?" I asked, filled with worry.

"Ishu, I'm fine. Don't worry it's just a small accident" she reassured me.

"An accident? But how did it happen?"

"I was crossing the road and didn't realize that a motorbike was coming towards me. We collided, but it's merely minor scratches, nothing serious" she explained.

"And why weren't you answering my damn call?"

"Ishu, my phone was in my bag on silent mode. I didn't hear it ring"

"Mom, from now on, I'm going with you. You won't be going alone" I said angrily.

"Okay" she agreed.

"Thank you to this lady. She saw me injured and came to help me" she indicated towards the other lady.

Now her face was visible to me. I immediately recognized her, she was Vidhi's mom. We both were surprised to see each other.

"Ishaan" she said, looking at me.

"Do you know each other?"

"Yeah, mom, she is Vidhi's mom"

"Oh,wow that's nice. Come inside Mrs. Patel", my mom said, welcoming her.

"No, No, Mrs. Sharma, some other time, I have to go home, Vidhi will be tense"

"Okay, but you have to coming tonight for dinner, please" my mom insisted.

"Okay, we will come at 8 pm" Aunty said, smiling.

"Thankyou"

"Bye, Mrs. Sharma. Take care of yourself"

"Bye, yeah"

Mom just invited Vidhi's family for dinner tonight, I'm excited to meet her.