Chapter 11

Author's POV

Days were passing like a blur. Soon, they became best friends, and started hanging out together. Talked with each other for hours. They became comfortable with each other. But little did he know that he was catching feelings for her.

Vidhi's POV

Today was boring, I slept in half of the lectures. After college was over I moved towards my house bit bye everyone. When I reached home, I washed my face and sat down to study for tomorrow's test.

Oh,no! I don't have the notes for this chapter, and tomorrow is the test. What should I do? I have an idea. I will borrow the notes from Ishaan.

"Mom, I'm going to Ishaan's house. I'll be back in an hour" I said rushing towards the door.

"Ok Sweetie, bye"

"Bye, mom"

I went to his house, and knocked on the door.

"Hi Vidhi! How are you, dear? Come inside" Aunty said smiling at me.

"Hello aunty, I'm good. How are you, uncle and dadi?"

"We all are great, beta. How did you come today? Do you want something?"

"Yeah, actually I want to borrow Ishaan's notes"

"Oh, okay. His room is upstairs. You can go. Meanwhile, I am going to make something for both of you"

"Ok, Aunty"

I went upstairs, and suddenly I heard the melody of a guitar playing and someone singing. I looked towards the room where the sound was coming from and noticed that the door was open. So, I entered and saw Ishaan sitting in the balcony with his guitar, singing a song. I was mesmerized by his voice.

(Song Lyrics)

Pani da rang vekh ke
Akhiyaan cho anju rul de
Maahiya na aaya mera, maahiya na aaya
Ranjhana na aaya mera, maahiya na aaya
Maahiya na aaya mera, ranjhana na aaya
Akhaan da noor vekh ke
Akhiyaan cho anju rul de

Kamli ho gayi tere bina aaja ranjhan mere
Baarish barkha sab kuch beh gayi, aaya nahi jind mere
Akhaan da noor vekh ke
Akhiyaan cho anju rul de

Kotthe utte beh ke akhiyaan milaunde
Na jaana main tu kabhi chhod
Tere utte marda, pyaar tenu karda
Milega tujhe na koi aur
Tu bhi aa sabko chhod ke
Meri akhiyaan cho anju rul de
Akhiyaan cho anju rul de

Pani da rang vekh ke
Akhiyaan cho anju rul de...

When he finished the song, I clapped for him. He was shocked seeing me in his room.

"Vidhi, when did you come?"

"While you were singing. You never told me you sing so melodiously!"

"Ah... Thankyou"

"Please teach me how to play the guitar"

"Sure, anytime"

"I have an idea. One day, I will sing and you will play the guitar. I'm sure we will make a great team"

"Yeah, sure. But why did you come here? Do you need something?"

"Oh! I forget to tell you. I want your notes from yesterday. I missed my class and there's a test tomorrow. Did you prepare for it?"

"Yeah, but there are some questions left"

"Oh, so we can do it together. What do you think?"

"Yeah that sounds good"

"And afterward, you have to teach me some guitar chords, okay!"

"Okay" he said smiling