"Onome."

I turned back immediately, Aaliyah stared at me, with lots of questions in her eyes, I noticed the shirtless guy behind her. He had a nice body, I could give credit for.

"My crew had just called, I have a work related engagement, I lied that we were in your house. We need to get there before they do. My granny is already furious. The shoot is impromptu."

I couldn't understand what she was saying, her mouth was moving so fast.

Aaliyah was beautiful and perfect, I envied everything about her. I would give anything to be in her shoes.

I am miserable and useless.

"Onome!" Aaliyah called out to me, with concern all over her face.

"Have it." He said while he walked in.

He paused on impulse, retreating his hands, he looked shocked. I hated him, he knew nothing about me, yet judged me.

                  GIOVANNI'S POV
°OREVAOGHENE GIOVANNI DONALD

"Onome, are you okay?" She asked her friend, meanwhile, I and Jomjom threw glances, he obviously had a lot of questions for me.

I was beyond shocked. I had forgotten what I gave her was so strong, I let her consume it in my house was a huge fuck up from my side. That was so careless from my end.

Jomil gave me a look.

Initially, I thought she was gonna reject it, when she saw it wasn't what she wanted, and me making a fuss about how it was a new product and all that.

I threw a glance at her, then to Jomil. I knew he could tell I was already panicking, even though I tried so hard to hide it.

I had every reason to. What if she overdosed or something?

No be poor man pikin be this oh. I didn't finish.

"What did you do to her?" Her friend asked.

"Give to her? Abeg oh!" I said all defensive.

"Does she take drugs?" Jomjom directed the question to her.

This boy craze oh, which kind of careless question be that?

"Jeez, no!" She responded almost immediately.

So clueless.

Her phone began ringing, meanwhile, my gaze fell on the stubborn girl who refused to listen. I felt a pang of guilt.

Na hustle I dey oh, I no kill person.

You don kill person.

My subconscious chided me. With one look at Jomjom, I saw my fuck up.

"Oh God." She sounded distressed, while she turned to her friend who sat quietly on the floor, staring up, like she could see God.

I could manage her with the little knowledge I had about getting high, but I needed that Jezebel out of here, I couldn't trust her, also letting her out of here this way could fuck me up. No adult needed to see her this way.

She would stare into the space, and at a point, she would smile, then look down.

"She will be fine. Her parents can't see her like this." Jomil says.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because she would get into trouble for taking hard drugs." He responded.

"She doesn't take hard drugs." She defended.