"His love for me is boundless" [ONESHOT]

This includes: Fluff, Hurt Comfort
Soobin and his wife have been married for a few months now, and so far, their relationship has been rather steady.
Solid, even.
They were happy with everything in their lives... or so Soobin thought, for he did not expect what he would find out when returning home from work one day.

Takes place in the mid 1860s
-

"Soobin, come meet her," his mother's voice called out to him.

The ravenette exhaled, and stood up from his desk, quickly fixing his collar in the looking glass and rearranging a few strands of hair, before clearing his throat, and exited his room.

He walked down the hallway, hearing the clamor of lively conversation coming from the parlor room.

"... pardon the tardiness, our son was busy with his studies," Mrs Choi smiled.

"It's quite alright ma'am. Oh, there he is!"

Soobin's parents whipped their heads around to see their son in the doorframe, sporting a polite yet curt and partially strained smile.

"Hello son," Mr Choi greeted him.

"Hello. Hello, uh—"

"Oh it's alright, Soobin. Just call me Ena," the lady across from his mother smiled.

"And you can address me by Jongho. We will be family soon after all," the man with a mustache smiled.

Soobin nodded his head, and then his eyes fell on the silent figure between her parents.

"Soobin, meet our daughter, your fiancée Taeyeon."

The girl lifted her head, revealing her face to him.

The black haired male felt his breath hitch in his throat upon laying eyes on her.

Her beauty... could rival the angels above.

She had large, clear eyes, resembling a doe. Brown hair curled around her face, framing her soft yet mature features. She was adorned in a pink, lacy dress, and her small hands were hidden in a pair of gloves.

Soobin felt... rather underdressed.

Despite knowing his family was the wealthier one, which is why the bond had been made in the first place.

Jongho was an employee under his father's business, and his family had been struggling for a long time regarding money.

Willing to give them financial stability and aid, Choi Hyunsuk brought up the idea of giving his daughter's hand in marriage to his own son.

Neither child knew they could refuse.

After all, their fathers always chose whom they could get married to.

Soobin was brought back down from earth when he felt Taeyeon's gaze on him, and he cleared his throat.

"It's an honor to properly meet you, miss."

Taeyeon simply nodded.

"Well then, we won't keep you waiting, from getting to know each other," Choi Kayoung smiled sweetly at them.

The adults of over 30 rose to their feet, Taeyeon following suit, while Soobin stayed at his spot.

"We'll be in the office," Hyunsuk said.

"Yes Father," Soobin responded.

With those words, the parents departed from the parlor room.