"Ride the Wind" [ONESHOT]

This includes: some Angst and Fluff, MCD
"Is it safe for us?"
"Yes."
"But what if we get caught?"
"At least we're together."
In which Taehyun learns to ride horses, and falls in love with the person who taught him.
-

🎶: 'Music To Watch Boys To' by Lana Del Rey

Being rich can be nice.

After all, you have enough money to buy the things you like or the things you need, and you are adored by others considered less than you.

But with being rich and having such a high status, there's bound to be many many expectations and standards you must live up to.

Especially when you're living in the 1800s.

The year?

1867.

The Kangs are a rich family in the small town of Sahoe, which is known to have a fair share of poverty and wealth.

Everyone knows them, and admires them a lot.

Well, maybe most of them.

Mr Kang, the family man, is a true gentleman. He dresses nicely, speaks politely, and works at an office.

Mrs Kang, his wife, is a polite lady with gentle and crafted mannerisms, who does as she's told and wears many nice dresses.

Then came the daughters.

Yuna, who also goes by Yuju, the eldest, is almost just like her mother: polite, ladylike, and kind and caring towards anyone. However, she has a very determined personality, and doesn't back down to a challenge.

Yeseo, the youngest child of the family, doesn't have many expectations, especially since she's just 14 years old, and can still act childish sometimes. She is beginning to mature more, however, and she dresses nearly like Yuju.

And then came the Kang family's middle child.

Their only son, Taehyun.

Taehyun is 17 years old, and pretty much the opposite of his father. He doesn't enjoy interacting with anyone, spends his time in his room buried into books, and whenever you speak with him, you better watch out for his sharp tongue.

He was considered to be a burdensome child, who also doesn't want to fit into society and what is expected from him as the only boy in the family aside from his father.

The door to the son's bedroom slammed open, causing Taehyun to jolt from his seat.

"What the hell?!?!"

"Mister Taehyun, your father wants to see you," the butler instructed.

Taehyun clicked his tongue in annoyance and closed his book, standing up.

"What does he want?"

"Go to his office and find out for yourself."

"Tch."

Taehyun made his way through the mansion, trudging his feet on purpose so he'd be slower.

But the shove the butler gave him made him realize he needs to stop being a brat and just move.

He opened the door to his father's office, to find his father sitting in his chair and signing some documents.

"You called me?" Taehyun asked.

"Yes, I did."

His father placed his fountain pen down.

"Taehyun-ah."