a girl-friend?

Papyrus had only made it somewhat close when his thoughts picked up that familiar voice again.

-How did he think of this?? I didn't even know monsters had those??-

The clear confusion did leave him giggling slightly, though giving up that fact he was listening.
-HAVING FUN?-
-you mean with the garbled nonsense that are these notes? Sure, yeah.-
-THEY ARENT THAT BAD! THOSE ARE ONLY THE ONES I DIDNT USE FOR..-
-for?-
-ILL JUST SHOW YOU LATER! I JUST GOT TO THE SHOPS-
-Hey don't just leave me hangi-

The small chime of a bell announced his entrance, the rabbit monster running the counter giving him a smile and nod. "Papyrus! What are ya.. up to?" She hesitated, seeing the dirt that covered his battle body. "JUST LOOKING FOR MATTERIALS!" He responded cheerily, grabbing the usual costume supplies and a box of makeup, plus a few snacks hed suddenly started to crave. He thought nothing much of the new additions before he brought them to the counter, the rabbit noticing the small box quickly. "Makeup, huh? Got a new lady friend you're talking to Paps?" She asked teasingly, Papyrus face going red at the very idea. He hadn't had any interest in the lady monsters around snowdin, or anywhere for that matter, still she chuckled at the reaction. "I guess I was right! Give the poor girl my condolences, then." she laughed, handing back the items in a neat paper bag. Papyrus couldn't stumble out a lie at the moment, so instead, he paid the due G and left with colour staining his cheekbones.

He tried to focus on Asriel as he walked through the snow towards his house, seeing if that would trigger the connection between them yet again.

-bored, bored, bored, bo-
-HOW CAN YOU BE BORED? IVE ONLY BEEN GONE FOR 10 MINUTES!-
-actually its been 45. what happened out there?-
-OH, UH, NOTHING! JUST TOOK A LONG ROUTE-
-you can't lie to me, Paps. I can literally hear your thoughts.-
-SHIT, WELL, I MAY HAVE FAINTED SLIGHTLY-
-A) language, b) WHAT DO YOU MEAN-

his skull echoed slightly, about to reply with an explanation before he was interrupted by his own front door hitting himself in the face. 'Owieee' he groaned to himself, avoiding looking to see if anyone saw that as he hurriedly opened and entered his home. 'Nice one, Papyrus.' he thought as he rubbed the bridge of his nose, taking his muddy boots off to keep the place at least somewhat clean.

-Nice what? What happened?-
-I WALKED INTO THE DOOR, IM COMING UP NOW-
-Haha, nice one-
-OH, SHUT UP-

He held back a snicker as he grabbed the newly bought items, appreciating the ache quickly leaving his body as he got closer to his door. Part of him felt more energetic, even more hopeful than before, but he'd try not to think too hard on it yet. He had costumes to design after all. "There you are slowpoke- HOLY SH-" "keep your voice down! It's not that bad, I just tripped, the ground caught my fall!" Papyrus halted him, Asriel shaking his head as he stood up from the small desk, walking over to him. He ran a paw over the dried dirt on his skull, glad it didn't leave any scratches on the smooth bone. "Sheesh, two battle bodies in a week? This has gotta be a new record." He joked to the still coloured face of the other, perking up as he remembered the bag of items that Papyrus had just collected.
"Please, you remember the paint machine incident, my wardrobe was rainbow for months!" "Phht, I guess I do remember that." they giggled at the memory fondly, Papyrus leaving the bag on his bed as he walked towards his closet, careful not to drag in any dirt. "I obviously need an outfit change, so take a look at the things I got! The lady at the counter made the funniest joke about them." He recalled, grabbing a tank and pants to replace his outfit for the day. "What joke?" Asriel inquired as he dumped the contents, including plastic bits and pieces, glue, some fabric he assumed was some kind of cloak, and a small flat box. Of course, he noted the snacks he'd been wanting earlier, opening a bag of small chocolates. "She asked if I was shopping for a girlfriend! What a silly thing to think. Can you imagine?" Papyrus nyeh'd to himself, clicking off the filthied battle body as he did. "Why's that so silly? You did get makeup and chocolates, I'd probably think the same if I didn't know you." Asriel shrugged to himself with a mouth full of chocolate, the other letting out a playful scoff. "Me? With a girlfriend? I could never see myself with a lady monster around here." "Maybe you just haven't met the right girl yet! There's gotta be someone that gets your soul- or uh, whatever beating." "I mean, Undyne does, but I think that's from all the surprise suplexing." He wondered to himself, trying to think through all his memories for any lady monsters that he'd crushed on, and coming up short. "Oh well, don't feel bad then Paps, you'll find somebody some day." Asriel comforted his skeletal buddy, turning just as he finally threw on the tank. "You ready for this costume?" "I sure am!"

936 words

(Welcome to chapter 10, readers! This one's a little dialog heavy, but I think it's fun exploring some of the special results/symptoms of sharing a soul. Theres only more to discover, so have fun!)