The Mad Scientist

Link began pacing, his mind racing at the opportunity. He'd only just discovered Fi's true nature, but it was clear that there was something wrong with her. If these people could make similar machines to Fi, then maybe, just maybe, they could fix whatever was wrong.

The man the red shirt, Grian, he called himself, just looked at him confused.

"Fi?" he asked, perplexed. "Who's that"

"She's the spirit of my sword," Link replied, pulling out the Master Sword, "thought she seems to be a machine like your Grumbot."

This just seemed to make Grian more confused than before.

"The spirit of your sword? You mean like your sword is a machine?"

"No, Fi lives in the sword," Link explained," or maybe inhabitants is the right word. I'm not to sure how it works myself to be honest."

Grian shared a baffled look with the other man, Scar. He was wearing a mainly black outfit with a design of orange and teal wings on the chest. There were also multiple accents of the same colors on the knees, sides and wrists, as well as a pair of glasses. As his name implied, he had a large scar running diagonally across his face. Link spotted a quiver of arrows slung over Scars shoulder, but there was no sign of his bow.

"So," Grian began slowly, "you have a machine living in your sword that appears to be similar to Grumbot. There is a problem with said machine, and since you've seen that we've made one, you want our help fixing yours."

"Yeah, that sounds about right," Link replied.

Grian shrugged, "Well, I guess it's just another in Hermitcraft. Two strangers appear out of your interdimensional rift and ask for help repairing their sword-AI. I honestly don't know why I'm surprised anymore."

"So you'll help?" asked Link excitedly.

"If course," Grian replied, "but I suppose that there may be a slight problem."

"What's that?" asked Zelda, who'd been watching the conversation with keen interest.

"Well, I personally don't know how to make an AI. I'm not much of a redstone person at all really. I just built Grumbot's physical form. Mumbo did all the redstone."

"I'm still not sure what the problem is," replied Zelda.

"The problem is that Mumbo isn't here right now," Grian replied. "He left on a trip a couple of months ago, and hasn't returned."

"Well, when will he be back?" asked Link.

"Nobody knows," Grian replied. "It could be anywhere from a week to a few more months."

"Well, why are we supposed to do until then?" demand Link.

Scar glaced at Grian, "We could take them to Doc."

Grian though for a second before replying, "I guess Doc would be the next best option. Though I'm not sure if it's a good idea to interrupt him during one of his projects," he shuddered. "Have you seen his anvil cannon?"

"Doc would probably jump at a chance like this," Scar replied. "You know he's been trying to figure out how Mumbo did it."

"I suppose that's true," Grian nodded. He turned to Link and Zelda, waving forward. "Come on, you're about to meet the resident mad scientist."

~ ~ ~

Link wobbled in the air, gliding on the elytra that Grian had given him. The elytra was basically a set of wings that you could attach to your back. Both he and Zelda had been given one, along with a large amount of what Scar had called"firework rockets". They were small, red and white tubes that shot smoke out of the end when used. Scar had explained that, when gliding with an elytra, one could use these fireworks to propel themselves forward.