Recovery

Who knew recovery from a major concussion would be so rough? My body hurts so bad...my head is so tender and sore. I hurt so bad. I cry out in pain in the middle of the night while I'm laying right next to Daddy in his huge bed with his doggies and of course my favorite horsie stuffy Angel. All of a sudden Daddy awakes and turns on a light quickly,

"Hey hey shhhhh it's ok I'll be right back lemme get your medicine"

Daddy says as he kisses my head and jogs to the bathroom grabbing the container full of liquid pain medicine. He takes a syringe without a needle and pulls the plunger back getting some medicine. He walks back with some juice and the meds. The yucky tasting gross medicine!! Ewwww.

"Nu uhhhh dats yucky I don't want dat"

"Sorry little one you need to take it, I have some juice to chase it down it'll help your pain and help you sleep."

I open up and let him put the medicine in my mouth and quickly drink down the medicine and chug the juice. Yuck!!! I take a big swig of water to wash my mouth out then lay back down holding my stuffie and bein close to Daddy.

Morning comes, sun is shining through the blinds, i yawn and stretch, still hurting. I cry out yet again, Daddy was already way ahead of me and had the meds and juice near by, he gives them to me and it helps very quickly but also puts me back to sleep. I finally wake up kind of groggy, I yell out for Daddy he comes in and picks me up bringing me to the couch, handing me a bottle full of CHOCCY MILK!!! I drink it a little then watch Bluey on the tv. Not much later I fall asleep again...this continues on for a couple weeks of healing.

~NEXT MONTH

"Daaaaaaddddyyyyy!!"

"Yes princess?"

"Pleeeaaasseee can I ride horsies again, pwease"
I stick my lip out and pout looking up at him with puppy dog eyes.

He sighs...but then looks at me

"One more doctor appointment to get the good to go then yes you may PET them and brush them for now"

"But I wanna ride!!"

Daddy looks at me with the "say one more word I dare you" look.

I look to the ground and pout even more, looking back to my breakfast that's cut up chocolate chip waffles with peanut butter and eggs. Yummy!! I pour the whole time but eat anyway, I whine as we both get into the car, me in my car seat as we drive to daycare. I start crying once we drive and kicking the seat in front of me.

"Young lady! Knock that attitude off now!"

I cry even harder irritated I have to go back to daycare after a long month off. I don't want to go!! All of a sudden I feel Daddy stop the car and pull over. He comes to the back, opens the door unbuckles me spanking me hard 5 times on my sit spots. I cry immediately in pain, he sits me right back down and buckles me in putting my paci in my mouth while I keep crying. We make it to school finally i quieted up once we arrived, we hang up my stuff and I walk over to color and dream about nap time.

***sorry guys! Mental health issues again so takes some time to write at times. Love all of your support and comments!*** 🩷