5. Chapter ❯❯

"Presley, Love. That's enough of your little show. You're going to get sick, I'm serious," Klaus grunts out. Aggravated by the girl's constant disobedience.

"Well serious. I'm Presley and I'm in charge of my own decisions... sometimes, unless I'm compelled," She mumbles the last part bitterly.

Niklaus lets out a small hum. Before narrowing his eyes in annoyance. Clenching his jaw as she continues to practically ignore his demands and by extension, him.

"Then cut it out before I compel you to stop eating it," He spits out quickly.

"ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?" She dramatically exclaimed, improvising an elaborate attempt at keeping her free will.

Niklaus spluttered for a good minute while Stefan tried to desperately hold in his laughter.

Stefan's face going a light shade of pink as he practically held his breath to stop any laughter.

Niklaus finally gathered his wits & formulates a plausible answer.

"Nonsense love, you're beautiful. Had you not been the sister of the doppelgänger then I would have swept you off your feet the moment I meet you," He scoffs out as a reply.

Standing as he then leaves to prepare more things for the next part of the trip.

Presley felt a wave of feverish nausea come over her for a mere moment.

Rethinking his words a few times. Before shaking her head to rid herself of those particular thoughts.

'I've gotta lay off the dark romance books,' She thinks bluntly to herself, internally scoffing.

Shifting slightly in her seat. Placing her fork down.

"He's right you know..." Stefan says softly after a few moments.

Presley glanced up at him confused. Although it wasn't exactly a new emotion as she seemed to be feeling confused a lot lately.

"You're very pretty," Stefan tells her. A soft spoken tone with some confidence peaking through.

He raises his hand and brushes the hair out of her face a bit more.

"There. Now I can see you better," He mumbled thinking she wouldn't hear him. She had.

Her face turns a bit red from the sudden slight infatuation that both males seemed to have with her.

She clears her throat, unsure what to do with herself. So she grabs the metal spoon and wraps it with a napkin. Shoving it in her pocket as usual.

Stefan watching in continuous confused as she scrambles slightly to stand and leave his company.

He frowns as she follows after the original hybrid.

He lets out a small scoff of annoyance at the thought of her preferring the murderous hybrid's presence over his own.

He follows after her and stares at her fleeting form.

"Presley," Stefan lightly called out.

She ignores him, her headphones keeping her from properly hearing him.

"Presley, hey?" He asked while giving her a small grin after finally catching up to her and she pulls the headphone from her ear to hear him.

"Are you alright?" Stefan asks her.

"Yeah, I'm just really tired," She grumbled lightly.

Stefan only looks past her for a moment to spot Klaus a few ways away watching them interact.

"Why don't we go back to the car. I'm sure Klaus is waiting to get back on the road and I for one don't wanna deal with a grumpy puppy," He says.

Presley laughs a bit at his joke. Nodding as she made her way to the car with Stefan beside her.

Klaus glaring but simply rolling his eyes overall and continuing on to the car. Getting in the front and not bothering to correct Presley when she sat in the back beside Stefan.

Presley letting out a soft sigh as relief as he didn't mention her new seating arrangement.

•••610 words

A/N: I'm sorry. I know this is short but I wanted to share something with you guys 😭.

I'm mostly focusing on Cinderella so be sure to go check that out on my profile

(it's Klaus x Fem!oc x Katherine. Damon is the fem!Oc's father figure. Talk about a confusing family dynamic)

 Talk about a confusing family dynamic)