27.

NOTE: OMG I was about to celebrate hitting 50k views and you guys already brought it up to 60k!! I am honestly surprised, I didn't think this would get that popular. I swear I was just thanking you guys for the 5k views and now we are halfway to a 100! I can't stretch out enough how grateful I am for you all! Thank you!

---

I got out of the car, stretching my sore legs and arms. The ride turned out to be longer then expected, I sighed remembering how I had to switch one of the tires because none of the guys seemed to know how to do it properly. They were lucky I was there and I was unlucky to be with them...

How are these men even soldiers when they don't know how to change a tire?! I was at least happy that Persha made sure to get all of my things packed and brought to me. I grabbed the bags from another person, I thanked and waved to him as I started to walk away. I took a deep breath making my way towards the so friendly looking face.

Price was waiting for me together with Soap, I just needed to get through the first  two days then we will be sent on the mission and I will be able to focus solely on work alone.

I closed my eyes for a moment, the sight of Königs bare face appeared in my mind, the sun rays softly hitting his skin making him glow. His arms held me in place through the whole night, not letting go even for a moment even when his lashes fluttered and he finally opened his eyes. His raspy voice was still stuck in my head, making more then butterflies rattle in my stomach.

He didn't seem that much bothered about me leaving, which was odd but I decided to brush it off for now. Perhaps I was simply looking at it wrong, I just hoped this wasn't a one time thing. If it was, I would at least be happy that it happened.

I got rid of those thoughts and opened my eyes, I was almost standing in front of the 141.

"Nice to finally have you, Shade."

"Viper."

"Ah, yes. Viper."

Price fixed his mistake with a smile, however Soap looked a little confused shifting his gaze from me back to the Captain.

"Viper? Since when you can just change your call tags?"

I bit my tongue from mentioning my rank. I could use it now, but... I would rather keep it for later. I did like my previous call tag, it wasn't just cool sounding.

It described me. Described my role perfectly.

Shade, one that follows you, hiding in sight, never letting the light touch them. I was the Sniper that followed, the one who protected, I wasn't just a shadow.

"I guess they have favorites around the main base."

I laughed softly, I could swear Soap's face brightened as he heard me do so. I was still mad but at least I didn't have to explain myself.

"Alright, let's get moving?"

I nodded my head, it's not like I had a lot of stuff, most of them were clothes anyway. I wasn't about to leave my dresses behind, I got them for my undercover missions but they weren't that bad looking and the quality was actually good.

We got to the car and for once in my life I cursed on the fact that they couldn't just fly me here before. My legs begged for me not to sit back down and let them stand straight for a minute longer but there was not much I could do.

I took my bags and threw them into the back, making myself comfortable perhaps I could even take a nap. No way in hell I am sitting in the front when I can have all this free space to myself. Of course Price was the one driving while Soap... for fucks sake.