10.

I was awoken by the sound of grunting, it was still late at night. I looked over at Ghost.

He he was tossing and turning and turning in his sleep. Was he having a nightmare? I asked myself whether I should wake him up. He started mumbling something incoherent.

Making the decision I gently placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Ghost?"

I lightly shook him, trying not to scare him. He grabbed my arm and in a swift motion pinned it above my head, while straddling me. He was panting through his mask, visibly shaken up.

It took him a moment to realize what was going on, he then quickly got off of me.

"Sorry."

He started to get up from the bed, I didn't want him to go. In worry that he was going to leave I grabbed his hand, stopping him from doing so.

"Don't go. Don't leave."

"I will be back."

"It's okay Ghost. You don't have to run."

Nightmares was something I knew all too well. I also was the prey of their tormenting nature. I tugged on his hand, indicating for him to come back under the warm blankets. He looked hesitant, unsure whether to follow simply because of his current emotions.

The fact you were drunk made him think it would be wrong, but in the moment he hoped you wouldn't be upset if he only hugged you.

Ghost scooted closer to me, wrapping his hands around my waist. I placed mine on the back of his head, bringing him close to me and hugging him. His heart was beating fast, he was shivering slightly, the cold sweat running down his body.

"You will be okay. Whatever happened. It's not real."

He didn't say anything, instead he burrowed his head deeper into my chest, tightening his embrace. I rubbed circles on his back, resting my chin against his head. I wondered how it would feel to run my hands through his hair.

This side of him, it was new to me, the vulnerability was something soldiers didn't show often. Did he trust me this much? Or is he so on edge that he will take anyone's reassurance?

"You are safe."

I whispered sweet nothings until he fell asleep. He looked so peaceful while he rested in my arms.

---

My head hurt, I started to regret the little rendezvous I had with the task force. I hope no one saw me leaving Ghost's quarters in the morning. Although he didn't act as worried about it as I was.

I continued walking towards the gym, I was planing on stretching a bit after training.

"I don't understand how you have the strength to still keep going."

Sarah came with me.

"Well, I have to if I want to be better. You gotta push your limits, you know?"

"Yeah, yeah. You push on them while I watch."

She laughed softly as we entered the room.

And here, after a week, I could finally see König in all his glory. He must have been working out for a while as I could see the sweat forming on his body, his shirt sticking to his back. Of course his mask was still blocking his face.

"It must be uncomfortable, right?"

Sarah whispered into my ear as we both continued to stare at the man who was currently deadlifting. The loud bang of the weights being dropped made me come back to reality.